Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

Exclamation Wheels rubbing inner fender well, check your fenders...

Heard others with Z520R's having the same issue on the Z520/Z521R FB page (and here on BBC), so I checked mine and sure enough I had some minor signs of rubbing on my inner fenders. Got the torsion axles adjusted two splines and the paint on the wooden inner fenders was peeling so being OCD I sanded them down and sprayed on several coats of a Line X type spray on them. Went ahead and cleaned the rims and wheels while I was at it. I should be good now...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

2. Member
    Nice!
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

3. Member
    Good job . I’m really keeping an eye on mine . I barely have 1/8” clearance on the right side but an inch on the left.
    2022 z520r

4. Member
    Be a good time to start letting the dealers take care of this problem so THEY can get on Ranger's butt about it and check this problem before a trailer gets a boat loaded on it. Doesn't take long once a trailer is complete for someone to walk around two fenders and check 4 tires with their hand or a gauge and correct the issue on site. This has been a very correctable problem for years.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmart334 View Post
    Good job . I’m really keeping an eye on mine . I barely have 1/8” clearance on the right side but an inch on the left.
    Luckily I caught mine early, I've only got around 3k miles on the trailer. I bet this is the cause of some Kenda blowouts...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnabe View Post
    Be a good time to start letting the dealers take care of this problem so THEY can get on Ranger's butt about it and check this problem before a trailer gets a boat loaded on it. Doesn't take long once a trailer is complete for someone to walk around two fenders and check 4 tires with their hand or a gauge and correct the issue on site. This has been a very correctable problem for years.
    I agree. The same is true with the Ranger Ride 2.03 software update, should have been caught/fixed before they sent a ton of Z520R's out. Now everyone who took delivery of one has to make a trip to the dealer for the update.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Lest we forget, Ranger pays dealers to fix problems. In a perfect world, they would happily avoid that extra expense by catching every issue at the point of origin.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    Thanks

Luckily I caught mine early, I've only got around 3k miles on the trailer. I bet this is the cause of some Kenda blowouts...

I agree. The same is true with the Ranger Ride 2.03 software update, should have been caught/fixed before they sent a ton of Z520R's out. Now everyone who took delivery of one has to make a trip to the dealer for the update.
    Nope, my trailer (2019 Z520L) is not rubbing and I have had two Kenda's with belts separate the past couple of months. The tires are date coded 4118, just shy of four years from manufacture, but less than 5k miles.

8. Member
    While you were at it and had the four wheels off and adjusting the splines on the torsion spindles, did you change out your grade 5 bolts for grade 8? That is a know issue as well with the bolts stretching.

Definitely check for tightness. Mine were all loose.

10. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Nope, my trailer (2019 Z520L) is not rubbing and I have had two Kenda's with belts separate the past couple of months. The tires are date coded 4118, just shy of four years from manufacture, but less than 5k miles.
    I said it might be the cause of some, not all...

11. Member
    What is involved with the Ranger Ride 2.03 software update? How would we know we need it or what version we have??

12. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    While you were at it and had the four wheels off and adjusting the splines on the torsion spindles, did you change out your grade 5 bolts for grade 8? That is a know issue as well with the bolts stretching.
    I'll look into that

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Definitely check for tightness. Mine were all loose.

I'll check that too, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger188VX View Post
    What is involved with the Ranger Ride 2.03 software update? How would we know we need it or what version we have??
    If you're having any issues with the Ride system one of the things to check is to make sure you have the 2.03 software update. I believe it's in either the basic settings or admin settings tab to check which version you have.

I had some issues while on the water and spoke with one of the Lowrance engineers who designed it, he ended up sending me a copy of the update with instructions, but he said if it isn't done properly that you can fry the OPS box so I opted to take it to the dealer for the update. I was having issues with fuel level display, bilge and livewell pumps, jackplate level showing, bow panel not working properly and a couple error codes always popping up. The 2.03 software update solved every single issue I had. The Lowrance engineer said that they were programed for the Ranger walleye boats and apparently the software didn't mesh with the bass boats...

13. Member
    How did you adjust the torsion axles?

14. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjignpig View Post
    How did you adjust the torsion axles?
    I didn't, dealer did. It's not hard to do, I just didn't want to mess with it. Basically mark where the axles are set before you loosen the cross bolt and move each however many teeth you want and tighten cross bolt. I want to say they only moved mine either 2 or 3 teeth.

Here's a pic that breaks it down:

15. Member
    Thanks for posting that.!! That’s some real handy info for future reference.!! Saved a copy to my photos.!!

16. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Thanks for posting that.!! That’s some real handy info for future reference.!! Saved a copy to my photos.!!

Thanks for the heads up on this last year! My dealer had to adjust mine too.

All 4 of mine were rubbing. Didn't cause any blow outs on my Kendas, but I did have 3 of 4 with broken belts. Got extremely lucky there!
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

19. Member
    Where exactly is this adjustable arm? i'm assuming boat has to be off the trailer to adjust it. I looked on mine and dont see anyhting like that. 2020 Ranger Z521L.

20. Member
    My 2018 trailer had an issue with jumping teeth on the axle. Changed out the bolts for grade 8 and the hub that had problems bolt had stretched a tenth of an inch. Changed the bolts and no more problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast