Bitcoin

It's on sale, get it while it's warm.
    Like a Krispy Kreme doughnut.

2. Member
    Ummm still won't touch it

3. Moderator
    Never

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Has every reason to own bitcoin been disproven at this point? Other than greater fool theory.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    What's the P/E of bitcoin now??

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    It's on sale, get it while it's warm.
    Like a Krispy Kreme doughnut.
    In the sun.

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Split Shot View Post
    What's the P/E of bitcoin now??

-infinity
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Bitcoin = Buy Rating

9. Member
    I’ve got Bitcoin orders in at 7,000.. expecting a capitulation type move in the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fxs...o-202206150841

10. Member
    Wait a minute. Has there been the 2.5 year research done on it?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAllYear96 View Post
    I’ve got Bitcoin orders in at 7,000.. expecting a capitulation type move in the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fxs...o-202206150841
    I'm your Huckleberry @ 6,800, ring me up.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

I do believe we are about to see an influx of fresh young workers. Will MSTR still be a company on Tuesday?
    Thanos was the hero

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    MSTR at the close on Friday had a market cap of 1.89 Billion. MSTR used debt to buy more bitcoin. They now sit with an unrealized loss of $1.66 billion.

I thought about going long MSTR as a bitcoin play when it was trading at around $400. I saw that they where borrowing money to buy more bitcoin. Big red flag. I thought that they where actually making money on other services and using that to buy bitcoin, not borrow. Thankfully I decided against it.

At some price point of bitcoin, MSTR is in serious trouble. It was thought that price was below $21K. I don't know how MSTR stays solvent much longer at these prices.

Understand that when commentary like mine was thrown around for TSLA, it was the best time to buy.
    Last edited by boneil; 06-18-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    Thanos was the hero

14. Member
    I still can't get over the that nothing backs up bitcoin at least as far as I can tell. Which puts it valueless in my opinion still, although I can see the possibilities to profit from it.

15. Member
    What I think is funny is that everyone on Reddit is freaking out about the price of Bitcoin, when they all say Bitcoin is supposed to replace the dollar. So, they are upset because it isn’t worth as many “dollars”, but it is replacing it at some point? How does any of that make sense? So, say it goes to 1 million dollars, it is still valued by the dollar. None of it makes sense to me.

16. Member
    Bitcoin is junk, IMO. As noted, nothing to back it, zip.
    The US dollar is fully backed. Buy Treasuries, quickly.

And if you believe the US dollar isn't backed ...

17. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    I still can't get over the that nothing backs up bitcoin at least as far as I can tell. Which puts it valueless in my opinion still, although I can see the possibilities to profit from it.
    this is the reason why I’ve stayed away, along with all of the other crypto coins

18. Member
    Looks like it dropped under $18,000.00 today.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Looks like it dropped under $18,000.00 today.
    Gonna be interesting. Can't recommend standing under a bridge or tall building.

20. Member
    Long post here……….but, some interesting angles I’ve taken away from reading deeper on the subject the past few years. I certainly don’t have all the answers here; I just find it interesting. (Be sure and stay away from big scary headlines and ‘crypto bro’ YouTube videos. All clickbait)

And not trying to convince anyone here; just recommending not to be too dismissive if you haven’t dug into it.

Bitcoin was designed as a decentralized, peer to peer payment system. Think of it as a network.

Like the telephone when it first started, no underlying value to it. And if a handful of people had phones, it was cool………but not a big deal. But, when millions of people have a phone, it’s now an incredible tool.

And like the internet in its infancy, no underlying value to it. And with a handful of websites around; that made it interesting; but billions of websites make it world changing.

Also, don’t look at it from a first world developed nation viewpoint. Be sure and think internationally. Especially emerging, undeveloped nations with floundering, corrupt governments and economies. 91% of the world has cellphones, but 35% are unbankable. Bitcoin gives the unbanked, access to a global financial system.

But, still don’t overlook governments who have frozen or seized citizens bank accounts. A recent example is Greece. A NATO, European country that seized money from a million citizens bank accounts just a few years back……….and for people to be so mistrustful of the government on this website, it’s probably not advisable to be so dismissive of something that could preserve your wealth from your government.

It really is worth taking a deep dive into and grab a book on the subject; just move the needle from skeptical to curious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast