Thread: Hull blisters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 187 View Post
    I would find it hard for an insurance company to pay for it, as there was no accidental damage done. However I do feel that this would fall under the BCB lifetime warranty, as I find it hard to say that the blisters are neglect, or misuse, on a consumers part. But I have been told by BCB that it is NOT covered. So I have blisters that are starting to break. Quote for repair was at 5k-ish last I had it quoted.
    Call Gary at Wright Way Marine Repair. Best there is and will work for you. He works for BCB as well.

2. Member
    Above statement is correct. I'm not really worried about going to be honest with you I plan on fixing this boat this Winter

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    Call Gary at Wright Way Marine Repair. Best there is and will work for you. He works for BCB as well.
    Damn, he lives in North Carolina. It’s not neglect or owner abuse. But it still wouldn’t be covered under warranty. I know.

But living on the east coast there’s no way in hell I’d drive 1000 miles to have gelcoat repair done if I could find reputable fiberglass shops closer. If it’s a matter of matching gelcoat then they could arrange to order it. Either way, the downtime being winter is a good estimate for length of time for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 187 View Post
    However I do feel that this would fall under the BCB lifetime warranty, as I find it hard to say that the blisters are neglect, or misuse, on a consumers part. But I have been told by BCB that it is NOT covered. So I have blisters that are starting to break. Quote for repair was at 5k-ish last I had it quoted.
    The written warranty has been printed on the web site for decades and there are minimal changes over time. No other company places their warranty out in front of the public.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyra1 View Post
    Damn, he lives in North Carolina. It’s not neglect or owner abuse. But it still wouldn’t be covered under warranty. I know.

But living on the east coast there’s no way in hell I’d drive 1000 miles to have gelcoat repair done if I could find reputable fiberglass shops closer. If it’s a matter of matching gelcoat then they could arrange to order it. Either way, the downtime being winter is a good estimate for length of time for repair.
    I plan on driving about 80 miles to get it fixed,lol.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

Hell yeah. Better than OD’ing on the kool aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats;[URL="tel:12544725"
    12544725[/URL]]The written warranty has been printed on the web site for decades and there are minimal changes over time. No other company places their warranty out in front of the public.
    It wasn’t hard to find the warranties for Phoenix on their website under downloads(for copies of owner manual and warranty), nor just typing in Skeeter Boats warranty. It pulled straight to their website. Phoenix even included wiring diagrams for their components.
    But all 3 manufacturers basically do not cover the blisters. So there’s that in a nutshell.

8. Member
    My 07 Puma is fine
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    Welp, dropped boat off yesterday to have the "pox" taken care of it along with other damage like rock chips. Will post repairs once completed.
    Last edited by fynns; 12-02-2022 at 05:57 PM.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

10. Member
    BassCat how does the non premium boats compare to the rest of the industry in terms of resins and chances for blisters?

11. Member
    If everyone used the same thing during the same time frames, then condition would be industry wide, in my opinion. I have also learned quite a bit from the coastal builders here in NC. Spin on blame makes one wonder.
    Last edited by fynns; 12-02-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The written warranty has been printed on the web site for decades and there are minimal changes over time. No other company places their warranty out in front of the public.
    But repairing blisters under a lifetime warranty would still be the right thing to do.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    But repairing blisters under a lifetime warranty would still be the right thing to do.
    Take it up with the EPA, they forced substandard resins on ALL industries utilizing fiberglass. Every single manufacture had issues, go back through the history on the Triton, Ranger and Nitro boards, and not a single company should be liable for govermental bullshit causing quality issues.

I own a boat restoration business…gel repairs, upholstery, powder coating, rubrails, etc. I work on everything from wake boats, bass boats, center consoles, etc and I see blisters on some of all makes and year models however not as much on pre 2006-2007 models. Everyone feels the pain….EPA
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

15. Member
    So decided to do cap repairs also to include hull repairs. Here is a link to the beginning work. Once the cap is finished, will start on the hull. Will be fixing most of the spidering issues and rock chips. Will upgrade this link with additional pictures as work progresses. On schedule to be completed within the month. Then, we move onto another what I will call a normal wear and tear issue. https://www.facebook.com/eleneavefis...31259973589260 Hull repairs have begun and pictures uploaded. More to come. Hull is completed and now all that is left is compound and polish. From there we are good to go.
    Last edited by fynns; 12-14-2022 at 07:25 AM.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

16. Member
    Repairs completed, finally.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

17. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    What’s really a shame is the price of these boats and warranty doesn’t cover something like that. It’s everywhere though. Not just boats. Manufacturers want to charge a premium for an item and want your first born but when it comes them having to pay out it’s a different story.

Insurance companies are probably the worse!

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    What’s really a shame is the price of these boats and warranty doesn’t cover something like that. It’s everywhere though. Not just boats. Manufacturers want to charge a premium for an item and want your first born but when it comes them having to pay out it’s a different story.

Insurance companies are probably the worse!
    There is no probably about that.

19. Member
    Back in 2014 I took my 2004 Triton TR196 for a minor hull repair. The dealer called me and told me to call my insurance company, my boat had horrible hull blisters. I met the insurance adjuster at the dealership and looked under the boat. I was in complete shock at how bad they were, some even popped. They were all located under the trailer bunks. Insurance ended up denying the claim they stated the blisters were due to manufacturer's defects.
    Brad Krone

20. Member
    If this is all the EPA’s fault then how have they fixed the hull blister problem with the new boats? The EPA hasn’t gone away and revoked emission standards. What am I missing here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast