Dunkirk bass fishing

I have a tripped planned to Chautauqua in August and am thinking about trying a day on Erie. I have fished Ontario several times so I have an idea of what to look for but is this area worth giving a try. If it is would you
    focus on humps or just main lake drops with tight contours. Just looking for a general idea to see if it would be worth the while. Thanks!

2. Member
    no, there are no bass in Erie by Dunkirk.....lol....the section of Erie near Dunkirk can be one of the best areas to fish just pick a day with low winds, there are areas east and west of there

3. Member
    Head out of Dunkirk and hang a left (West) and go past Van Buren Point. Find the famous Brockton Shoals on your map and fish that area. If you don't get a boat load of bass AND walleyes sell your boat and take up golf.

4. Member
    Sounds like I’ll end up spending more time out there than Chautauqua. We’re going up with my wife’s family for a long weekend so
    ill be sure to check it out. Appreciate the info

5. Member
    If it happens to get blown out. Is presquile bay worth fishing mid summer? I know spring time can be lights out but do they stay in there year round?

If it gets blown out, head to Kinzua in PA. It is not a far drive, just remember you will need a Reservation License if using the areas in NY.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s