Garmin vs Lowrance

Let me start by saying I am not trying to start anything and am not bashing Garmin as I have a 102sv, but I went with a friend who runs Lowrance active target and all I can say is wow, the bait was so easy to pick up and track from 80-100’ it was unbelievable, on my 102 Im lucky to pick it up before 40-50’, and I have to have my transducer pointed perfect at it or I cant see it. he told me lowrance come is 16 degrees and Garmin is 13 degrees is the reason, i was hoping maybe the new 34 transducers would be wider cone but I was told no, hes screen is so crystal clear and no dang ghost tree.

2. Member
    Garmin is actual 20 degree and active target 18.
    In order I’ve had livescope lvs32 with 126sv ultra graph, Active target HDs live 12 and now dual livescope Lvs34 with 8616 and 8412 graphs. I’m a Lowrance guy, run 2 at console and 1 now at front with 2 garmins. I’ll say, active target was maybe better then lvs32, in terms of seeing your bait and certain structure in forward. Garmin always crushed it in perspective. What I didn’t like with active target is how the image looked beyond 60 feet, it was very blurry everything was really long up and down out that far. Near grass you couldn’t tell what was happening and the color palettes are no where on the level of garmin. Now the Lvs34 is the Lowrance killer it has way better target seperaration , can see jerk bait or small baits out 90 feet easy, less lag and colors are awesome. Garmin you can see the fish get hot and glow, u don’t get that with Lowrance it all just blends. My main reason to change was the glow factor and the lag issues and the beyond 60 feet blur.

garmin wins hands down in my book, but I’d never give up my Lowrance a for mapping , downscan and 2d.

3. Member
    Good info thanks, after watching the video in a lower post I dont think Im running color gain high enough, maybe why I cant see my bait

4. Member
    Settings make a huge difference. The Color Gain setting can be critical for seeing weak targets.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.