Does this LVS34 perspective mount look correct?

I'm looking for opinions from experienced livescope users. I just mounted this on a Ultrex and want to make sure it is correct. I have it mounted on the port side. I have the transducer in forward mode now, i think. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    From what i can tell, it looks correct. Deploy the troller and take pics....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Don't think so. In perspective the mount on the main mount to the shaft needs to be on the center line of the shaft. Here's a pic.
    LVS34 ducer angles.jpg
    Last edited by bigsdaddy; 05-14-2022 at 10:15 PM.
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

4. Member
    Looks more like forward or down. Perspective the transducer should be horizontal, not vertical.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    Looks more like forward or down. Perspective the transducer should be horizontal, not vertical.

Retired grass grower
    I have it in forward mode in the picture at least that’s my intentions.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsdaddy View Post
    Don't think so. In perspective the mount on the main mount to the shaft needs to be on the center line of the shaft. Here's a pic.
    LVS34 ducer angles.jpg
    When I mounted the bracket I went by that picture. The picture I posted is with the trolling motor stowed. Thanks

7. Member
    Looks like the use of the word perspective is getting confused. You are using the perspective bracket. The orientation of the bracket and transducer is for Forward mode. That's not what it looks like if you have it oriented for Perspective Mode. It's position in relation to the shaft is the same stowed or deployed. The installation looks correct. The orientation is correct for Forward Mode. As Jeremy said now loosen the knobs and put it in the Perspective Mode position and post a pic.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Looks like the use of the word perspective is getting confused. You are using the perspective bracket. The orientation of the bracket and transducer is for Forward mode. That's not what it looks like if you have it oriented for Perspective Mode. It's position in relation to the shaft is the same stowed or deployed. The installation looks correct. The orientation is correct for Forward Mode. As Jeremy said now loosen the knobs and put it in the Perspective Mode position and post a pic.
    Thanks I will do that today. When I installed the mounting bracket I half deployed my motor in the driveway because my trailer will not allow me to fully deploy the Ultrex. Once I installed everything I did put the transducer in perspective according to the instructions and pictures in the instructions. I tried to stow the motor with the transducer in perspective mode and it looks like it’s going to be a problem because it wants to hit mount on the Ultrex. Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    This is a picture of forward mode and perspective mode. If this is correct then I cannot stow the Ultrex while in perspective mode because it hits the Ultrex base, both the bracket and transducer cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    It's correct. I don't know what for you to do now but I'm sure someone else has run into this. Maybe they will post their solution.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

It seems that there should be a way around this issue by adding a spacer or something to get the transducer out a bit further in order to not interfere with the trolling motor mount.
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

12. Member
    I just ran into this problem myself. Did you ever come up with a resolution?

IF you really ever plan to use Perspective mode, the stock mount is very limited in the depth of water it is usable because the down tilted angle is permanent.

Consider the Fish Obsessed mount and it may fix both your probs.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombercraw View Post
    It seems that there should be a way around this issue by adding a spacer or something to get the transducer out a bit further in order to not interfere with the trolling motor mount.
    I bought a Fish Obsessed mount last year and problems solved.

15. Member
    Thats the wrong bracket on the shaft. Thats for the LVS62. The angle of the LVS34 bracket angles up from the shaft not down.
    Last edited by hunte567; 10-22-2023 at 04:51 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunte567 View Post
    Thats the wrong bracket on the shaft. Thats for the LVS62. The angle of the LVS34 bracket angles up from the shaft not down.
    Will that bracket still have the issues with interference with the storage of the trolling motor?
    I am considering going to Perspective Mode for the 126sv with LVS34 I just mounted on the starboard side of the motor.
    I looked at the Perspective view yesterday on a friends boat while fishing Lake Fork (with lots of timber and stumps).
    His was mounted on a separate pole. The view was great of the whole are and fish around us. Much more helpful it seemed in both target location, stump avoidance and fish finding.
    One main difference and disadvantage to Forward view is that perspective won't show fish that are not moving he says.
    Are there any threads here that discuss Perspective vs Forward views?