been feeling like I'm struggling

I've always been very good at hitting fairways with a driver, and I still am, but my distance has sucked. I lost about 50lbs over the winter, and my swing is just different. Started playing around with being farther away from the ball at address, and hit it a good 20 yards farther, and gained back the baby draw I'm used to.

I still suck at everything else, playing at a 90-93 for 18, but hoping I've got the driver swing back to normal. Oddly enough with losing about 20-30 yards off driver I've had to hit more shots around the green and gaining confidence in my ability. We played 9 the other day, that I felt was just horrible, but was going to be right at 45-46 going to last hole (we skipped it and played another 9).

I think I'm going to be back in the 80's in the next week or two, which is all I'm really shooting for, if I can get this driver swing to work.

I see a lesson in my future is the real take home, was surprised by how much losing weight makes me feel uncomfortable over a ball.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Member
    The shaft might be too stiff now for your swing, losing weight changed the power behind your ball striking. Go to the local fitter and see where you are now.

3. Member
    I tried grip modification and got my distance back and better accuracy. Moving my left hand to the right slightly seemed to do the trick for me.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I can tell you from experience, and its something that I have studied since I am a teaching professional and I have personal experience, major weight loss can throw your game into the oblivion. In 2015, I got on the scales before my 40th birthday and I weighed 293lbs. I was playing to a scratch and had a swing speed of 113-115. I decided that it was time to get in shape so I dropped 65lbs down to 228. I struggled with my game for months after the weight loss. I struggled with every part of my game and my swing speed dropped to 105-107. Now there would be days where it would all come back and I'd play like I used too and my speed was there. I would video my swing and send it to my mentor and we compared it to old swings and it was almost identical. It took awhile before everything came, after my weight settled at about 240lbs, but it was a struggle.