Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Looks like another championship round where it's anybody's for the taking!!

Apologies for not getting a pick in. I was checking yesterday evening then forgot when I went out to dinner with the wife, came home, and passed out. It looks like JVD and Rojas are left, I’ll just take JVD since Rojas is currently ahead? That seems like the fairest way to do it since I was the holdup there.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Congrats Marlin! Rojas definitely made it interesting there. I'll be looking for an address to send a couple spinnerbaits!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

4. Member
    Jon Moreland
    1310 E Lytle 5 Points Rd
    Centerville Ohio 45458

Thanks fellas , that was definitely interesting to watch

5. Member
    Congrats Jon!
    Any preference on size or colors?? I'd like to get you some baits you'll put to good use.

Also...whoever sent the Cream Pie Frittside...today on it's first cast on my first day bass fishing resulted in my first 6lb'er of the year! That, and the chart/blue are producers. I think i'll order more!

6. Member
    3/8 and 1/2 oz most of the time

Thanks a tank! nicely done

Spinnerbaits on their way from Omnia!

That is a TANK, Ron! I've yet to get a 6 lber since moving to MN. I've come close several times, but haven't quite got there yet. Need to start checking these off-the-beaten path lakes and otherwise get out of the Metro more often, I suppose....Congrats!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

8. Member
    Congrats Jon! A couple more on their way from Omnia!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Spinnerbaits on their way from Omnia!

That is a TANK, Ron! I've yet to get a 6 lber since moving to MN. I've come close several times, but haven't quite got there yet. Need to start checking these off-the-beaten path lakes and otherwise get out of the Metro more often, I suppose....Congrats!
    The last few years i've been fishing 20-25 new lakes a year. I really don't enjoy the lakes within an hour or so of the NW metro anymore. There's a lot of great little lakes off the beaten path. A lot of bassless lakes too...sometimes you gotta find those the hard way. I'm almost to the point of getting my duckboat rigged up for lakes I can't get my Bullet into. The spring before last I caught one a couple ounces shy of 8lbs in a duck slough that doesn't have any fish in it!

I may burn a ton of gas in the truck, but I average less than a gallon a day through the Optimax...some days I never fire it up!

2 baits on the way Jon.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    Got baits coming from TW.

I got the email that they're out for delivery, so you should get them today Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    The last few years i've been fishing 20-25 new lakes a year. I really don't enjoy the lakes within an hour or so of the NW metro anymore. There's a lot of great little lakes off the beaten path. A lot of bassless lakes too...sometimes you gotta find those the hard way. I'm almost to the point of getting my duckboat rigged up for lakes I can't get my Bullet into. The spring before last I caught one a couple ounces shy of 8lbs in a duck slough that doesn't have any fish in it!

I may burn a ton of gas in the truck, but I average less than a gallon a day through the Optimax...some days I never fire it up!
    I remember you mentioning a couple years back that you were done fishing the major metro lakes. Sounds like it's paying off! An almost 8 is absolutely unreal.

I just moved toward Hastings so I've got an even longer drive to most lakes now, and I'm otherwise so damn competitive I just keep doing the tourney thing. I suspect that switch will flip at some point, especially with how far downhill the Metro lakes have gone in the last 3-4 years with all the spraying on top of increased tourney pressure. Realizing I certainly have a much shorter list of "gems" than most due to the amount of time I've been here and the lack of exploring outside normal tournament lakes, I've personally watched two separate off-the-radar Metro lakes that regularly churned out mondos get completely trashed due to the spraying. I'm totally digressing, that spraying nonsense just makes me so mad I get going and can't stop. One lake in particular I saw a 24.97 limit weighed and two other guys have over 20 in a 12 man individual-format tourney where I finished 5th with over 18 lbs. Right about that time the HOA vowed to kill every weed in the lake, and somehow got the permit to make one hell of an attempt. Two years later we fished it where 15 won it, I had 14 for second yanking them out of some mostly dead garbage weeds, and third was under 10. It came off the schedule after that...completely wrecked it.

To be fair, I moved to MN from WV where I weighed a bunch of 5 fish limits that came in under 5 lbs and saw a fair share of tourneys won with those kinds of bags, so I suppose it's all relative!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

13. Member
    If you're over there...you should start looking at the smaller Wisconsin Lakes. There's some really good, really quiet lakes.

I quit tournament fishing cuz I got sick of the same water, year after year. I got to where I started every morning thinking i'd rather be on another lake without 50 other bass fisherman on it.

We doing one of these for Watts Bar?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

15. Member
    I'm game

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    We doing one of these for Watts Bar?
    Absolutely!! I'll get a post up probably tomorrow sometime.

Thanks Ron!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

18. Member
    Ron for the win. Thanks for organizing. I'm in.

19. Member
    I have been playing a lot of golf lately and forgot to pay my debts to the last two winners. Apologies to you Ron and Jon. I wil, get something out to you both tomorrow.

As as for Watts Bar, I'm in.
    Joey Aderhold

20. Member
    Got a new thread for Stage 5 up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast