Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I’ve been fighting a low water ramp at Trinity. The angle of the ramp is super steep. The rear side bunks are a couple of feet under the water by the time I get the trailer deep enough to get the bow to float high enough to get over the front roller by the wench. These fiberglass poles just slip in and off when needed. They will keep the back end from floating away with the hard side winds.
    That’s an interesting set up. Where did you get that?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    That’s an interesting set up. Where did you get that?
    I bought everything off Amazon. About $80 in parts. Those are the chrome eyes they use on the transom of boats. The black poles are 1 inch diameter fiberglass broom handles. I might slip something over them like a rubber hose or some type of foam. The poles just slip in. I will only use them to put the boat on the trailer on super steep ramps where the back end of the boat is at risk of floating over the factory side bunks. They will also make it more visible to see the trailer when backing it up when the boat is not on the trailer.

3. Member
    Wow - this is some good stuff - will try it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I put this together from parts I had laying around. I have only had the opportunity to try it once on a steep ramp and it helped a lot. Jury is still out but if it proves out, I will improve on the brackets and rollers and make it permanent.

After having some success with the hobbled together roller, I replaced it with this centering roller. It works great. On steep ramps, it picks the bow up over the bow roller and I leave the boat in gear and running to hold it there while I go up front and hook it up. I have steps on the trailer tongue to help in this endeavor.
    On shallow ramps it is good in the wind. The roller will center the keel as I coast in and then I bump it into gear at the right moment to land the transom on the bunks.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    I hate this trailer - it loads worse every year - now my starboard side is always 1/2 a mm from the right tail light every time, even when the boat is 100% centered on the bow roller.

6. Member
    I just purchased a 2023 and the trailer is horrible. I’m currently working with warranty to get a new trailer. The bunks are placed too close to together and no matter how you try to position the trailer it loads the same and sits crooked on the trailer. One bunk sits next to the pad and the other side has the corner of the pad sitting on the bunk. IMG_2667.jpegIMG_2668.jpeg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234