Garmin Livescope “black box”

I’ll be receiving my Livescope unit today and was wondering where to mount the black box. Where has everyone mounted theirs on their ‘Cats?

2. Member
    Drivers side rod locker

Driver side rod locker as well, you'll need the extension cable to reach up to your front graph. mine is against the console wall
    Last edited by mike464; 04-22-2022 at 03:41 PM.

4. Member
    Depending on model. But most, if you mount towards the grind of your rod locker you won’t need any extension cables. Just make sure to run your cables before you mount so everything reaches.

5. Member
    Sherm, the master wizard of all things BassCat, mounted mine in the front section of the drivers rod locker.

6. Member
    Thanks guys! UPS just dropped it off. I look forward to getting started and (hopefully) completing this tomorrow. Driver's side rod locker it is.

7. Member
    black box.JPGDrivers side

8. Member
    Thanks again for all of the input. I didn't have the energy to do it yesterday as I had planned but completed the install today. I even had time to go test it out. All I can say is Amazing!

I did mount the black box in my driver's side, forward box. I'm running a Lynx, by the way, so no conventional rod locker on the side. It worked out very well. All of the cables were just long enough. Instead of splicing into the power at the front, I tapped into the power block at the console with a couple of ring connectors. It just made it easier and by that time I was ready to be done!

Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm looking at and making some accurate casts!