Boat seat recommendations

I would like to replace the seats on my 2000 201d cobra. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what vendor I should purchase from? I looked at bass boat seats.com but it appears they rely on installing their seats by screwing into the fiberglass behind the seats but the fiberglass on my boat in that section is very thin at about 1/4 inch. Thanks

2. Member
    I believe Dean's Top and Canvas made the original seats, so they may be worth a shot. There is a sticky page on here that has a company list and what they offered.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

3. Member
    Since the gas tank sits below the seats, do you recall if the Dean bucket seats screw onto the very front edge of the seating platform so there are no worries of puncturing the plastic gas tank? The original frame screws in only about 1/2 inch from the edge

Quote Originally Posted by spotfin View Post
    Since the gas tank sits below the seats, do you recall if the Dean bucket seats screw onto the very front edge of the seating platform so there are no worries of puncturing the plastic gas tank? The original frame screws in only about 1/2 inch from the edge
    Yes, the Deans seats screw into the very front edge, just like the original framed ones.

Tom

5. Member
    I used Bass Boat Seats on my 201 and love them
    2017 Phoenix 721 Pro XP
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Buddy took his to an upolstrey shop, he had it there by 9:00 AM and it was ready that afternoon. Awesome looking seats and cheaper than buying a new set, diamond tuck seats, great material, he has been very happy with the new seats.