Live Foot transducer mount reviews

I’m researching the different motorized Active Target transducer mounts available so I can make an informed decision. Is anyone using the Live Foot? It looks super nice. Thank you for some feedback and advice on the Live Foot and on other options your currently using. Allen

$1,1199.00 for one? I’ll go with a LiveScanner or Rite Hite for considerably less.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I’m fixing to make the plunge myself. I think I’m going with the DD26 because the others seem to have some issues. DD26 has great products and customer service.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    $1,1199.00 for one? I’ll go with a LiveScanner or Rite Hite for considerably less.
    Agreed, north of a grand for these seems excessive, especially since most look like they were garage built from spare parts. I get it's a new cottage-type industry, but some of these look to have less that $100-200 in parts in them at most.

LiveScanner Pro (not TruScan) and Rite-Hite are more reasonably priced (if you can call $600+ reasonable) and more to my liking. IF I keep AT I suspect I will wind up with some sort of pole mount - but tbh the practical side of me say to apply that money to a 360 setup instead...

Well, in the crow eating dept... I picked up a little Black Friday gift to myself... (It's a single guy thing - married guy's don't qualify :)). So have a DD26 Live Foot mostly installed. I went with the DD26 for a couple reasons - it's lighter than the RH, has a really nice bracket setup that is universal, ie works on all TM's and all FF transducers. So, if for some reason down the road if I change from Ghost to Ultrex and/or AT to Garmin, I already have everything I need. It also has provisions to also mount a 360 as well if one so desires. And it appears to be engineered/designed and manf like a normal product, not a collection of parts from Home Depot and a garage 3d printing machine. Plus it was 20% off for BF :).

I do have a few concerns - not sure about the actual transducer mount. When you move it Scout/Perspective Mode, it flips so that the ducer is 90* off, so you have to remember to turn the shaft orientation on the head unit. I knew this going in, but really not sure how much I will use scout mode since I have Ghost 360 now. Time will tell I guess. I also have my Fish Obsessed mount which can also be used on a Pole Mount, so am looking at possibly using that one instead.

2nd, the buttons are wireless, Power Pole style stomp buttons, which is fine but now I have to decide how I want to have two sets of buttons setup on the deck. Currently have PP stomp buttons on each side of TM, I'll probably move them to one side and put the Live Foot buttons on the other side. And it also has a little remote as well of course.

Will get on the water this weekend and report back!
    Last edited by 78Staff; 11-23-2022 at 01:11 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Well, in the crow eating dept... I picked up a little Black Friday gift to myself... (It's a single guy thing - married guy's don't qualify :)). So have a DD26 Live Foot mostly installed. I went with the DD26 for a couple reasons - it's lighter than the RH, has a really nice bracket setup that is universal, ie works on all TM's and all FF transducers. So, if for some reason down the road if I change from Ghost to Ultrex and/or AT to Garmin, I already have everything I need. It also has provisions to also mount a 360 as well if one so desires. And it appears to be engineered/designed and manf like a normal product, not a collection of parts from Home Depot and a garage 3d printing machine. Plus it was 20% off for BF :).

I do have a few concerns - not sure about the actual transducer mount. When you move it Scout/Perspective Mode, it flips so that the ducer is 90* off, so you have to remember to turn the shaft orientation on the head unit. I knew this going in, but really not sure how much I will use scout mode since I have Ghost 360 now. Time will tell I guess. I also have my Fish Obsessed mount which can also be used on a Pole Mount, so am looking at possibly using that one instead.

2nd, the buttons are wireless, Power Pole style stomp buttons, which is fine but now I have to decide how I want to have two sets of buttons setup on the deck. Currently have PP stomp buttons on each side of TM, I'll probably move them to one side and put the Live Foot buttons on the other side. And it also has a little remote as well of course.

Will get on the water this weekend and report back!
    Here’s a picture where I put my buttons. I bass fish and this position has worked really well for me .

D2019C02-AEC6-4129-83DB-6E825D382731.jpeg

Interesting, I never though of putting them behind the TM pedal... so they don't get in the way there?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Interesting, I never though of putting them behind the TM pedal... so they don't get in the way there?
    They haven’t gotten in the way yet (I’m fishing out of a Phoenix 721). For me it’s actually really convenient going from the trolling motor to the buttons. I also use the fob a lot more than I thought I would. Especially when following and casting to bait fish when being chased by bass .