Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by superspookjr View Post
    I am wanting to add a Mega 360 to my boat. Which Helix G4N unit is compatible with the Mega 360?

All compatible units are listed in the first paragraph of the FEATURES section here:

MEGA 360 Imaging - Ultrex | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Thank you! I have 3 Lowrance Carbon units on the boat now. Will waypoints transfer to Helix units?

Quote Originally Posted by superspookjr View Post
    Thank you! I have 3 Lowrance Carbon units on the boat now. Will waypoints transfer to Helix units?
    No, PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I have previously used the original 360 and do not have a Mega 360 or GN2 Solix but I do want to go that way, but the Mega 360 with y cable means you do not get SI from the SI transducer only from the Mega 360 transducer. Surely has been flagged as a serious issue, that you cannot get SI from the SI Transducer when the Mega 360 is connected. To get SI from the normal transducer do you have to physically disconnect the 360? Is HB working to solve this? Surely lifting the 360 out of the water the water switch should cut off the 360 so SI from the normal transducer should now work. At least this is how I think it should work
    Last edited by StrikeBack; 06-12-2023 at 09:53 PM.
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

5. Member
    Could you just disconnect the 360 from the Y cable and then the normal SI becomes available???

A friend with a Solix GN2 and mega 360 said he can only get SI back from the normal transducer if he turned the HB off then back on.
    Last edited by StrikeBack; 06-13-2023 at 05:22 AM.
    John

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I use use SI from the Apex/Solix SI+ Transducer at the same time I'm using the Mega 360. To do this, you do need at least 2 Apex/Solix units. I have my regular Apex/Solix SI+ transducer connected to my Apex 19 and the Mega 360 connected to my Apex 13, but it will also work with 2 Solix, 2 Apex, or a combination of Solix and Apex.

You do run the risk of transducer crosstalk, but I have found it to be very manageable. The advantage of always having SI+, along with Mega 360, greatly outweighs any crosstalk issues. You can also minimize or eliminate the crosstalk by running 455Khz on one and Mega on the other, or by altering the CHIRP Ranges so they don't overlap.

I'm not a Helix person, so I don't know how well this would work in a Helix
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Thanks for the info Steve, but two units on my boat is not possible. So I gather there is nothing on the HB horizon to change this, what I consider a problem.
    John

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikeBack View Post
    Thanks for the info Steve, but two units on my boat is not possible. So I gather there is nothing on the HB horizon to change this, what I consider a problem.
    You would have to have a unit with connections for two transducers, which is highly unlikely. Also, since the Mega 360 is basically a spinning SI Transducer, having a second SI Transducer on a single unit would probably present significant programming challenges as well.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12