2022 St. Croix Legend Tournament Rods @ The Tackle Trap

The Tackle Trap has the new 2022 St. Croix Legend Tournament rods in stock and ready to ship. Click the links below in blue to check them out.

St. Croix Legend Tournament Casting Rods
    St. Croix Legend Tournament Spinning Rods

A legend, reimagined. The next generation of Legend Tournament Bass is the latest in St. Croix Rod design, materials, and angler recognized feedback. Featuring specific handles, lengths, powers, and actions for today’s latest techniques, the next generation also delivers two new materials to your arsenal. All models will feature SCIV+ Carbon Fiber, a strategic lay-up of exclusive SCIV and SCVI, and select models SCIV + with iAct Glass, a carbon fiber hybrid with internally active Linear S-Glass. 16 new casting models feature:

• Fortified Resin System (FRS) technology.
    • Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™).
    • Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology.
    • Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design.
    • Fuji® K-Series tangle-free guides with Alconite®rings.
    • Fuji® SK2 reel seat on casting models with ergonomic complimenting componentry.
    • Fuji® VSS real seat on spinning models with extended foregrip.
    • Precision machined aluminum reel seat nuts and wind checks on spinning and casting models.
    • Split-grip, super-grade cork handles customized per model.
    • Full-grip super grade cork handles on select models.
    • Model specific hook keepers selectively placed per technique.
    • Single coat sealer on blank with slow cure finish.
    • Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish on guides.
    • 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
    • Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A.

Any models that stick out?

At last count I have 14 Legend Tournament rods. The absence of the Sniper Spinnerbait (6’9” MHMF) and Sweeper Spinnerbait (7’0” MHMF) rods, or anything close to a replacement is very disappointing. The Sweeper was the single most versatile rod in the whole lineup.
    I love my St. Croix rods, but thats not a welcome change to the new lineup. Nice new design otherwise.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    I was very disappointed that the 6’10 ML dropshot rod only had 8 guides including the tip, looked cheap so I sent the rod back. They were really trying to save weight with 2 tiny guides??

Quote Originally Posted by diddy2 View Post
    I was very disappointed that the 6’10 ML dropshot rod only had 8 guides including the tip, looked cheap so I sent the rod back. They were really trying to save weight with 2 tiny guides??
    Interesting feedback. That's a model that didn't come into stock in the original shipment. The spinning models that did arrive look pretty nice, I wouldn't characterize them as looking cheap personally.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    At last count I have 14 Legend Tournament rods. The absence of the Sniper Spinnerbait (6’9” MHMF) and Sweeper Spinnerbait (7’0” MHMF) rods, or anything close to a replacement is very disappointing. The Sweeper was the single most versatile rod in the whole lineup.
    I love my St. Croix rods, but thats not a welcome change to the new lineup. Nice new design otherwise.
    Agreed, those were my favorite two models of the old series.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    Any models that stick out?
    I haven't fished any of them yet, so I couldn't say with any certainty at this point.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Not sure I would buy one, but had they made something around 6'10 MH I might have given it a try.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Interesting feedback. That's a model that didn't come into stock in the original shipment. The spinning models that did arrive look pretty nice, I wouldn't characterize them as looking cheap personally.
    *Edit....I bought the rods from another retailer not TT and mentioned looking cheap only for the reason of 8 total guides on that particular rod, the rest of the rod looked great though
    Last edited by Bronzefly; 04-09-2022 at 06:21 AM.

8. Moderator
    Gary, Have you handled the new jerkbait model? With it's rating at XF, I'm concerned. I've always liked fast actions and not extra fast. Thoughts? And have you thrown the 7' medium legend elite for jerkbaits/topwaters?