Recommendations: Where to buy a 'New' Trailer for 2008 Triton

I've kept the boat in great condition. From Outboard to electronics, everything is new and up to date. But with an 14 year old boat comes a 14 year old trailer (Single axle w/brakes)

I've kept it in good shape too, but rust is rust. It gets into places that can not be reached, so before it gets to the point where it's ready to collapse, I figure its about time to start researching where to get another as well as which type to get.

Suggestions appreciated!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Member
    I bought my trailer from Marine Master Trailers in Tennessee

They custom build Triton Trailers to fit your boat.

I went to the web site, looks like they are working on it???

https://www.marinemastertrailers.com/
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Loadmaster Trailers. Port Clinton Ohio
    Just took delivery for my 2003 Nitro 929.

Thanks all.

Anyone know how a aftermarket trailer company sets up the trailer so that it gives the proper fit to the boat? I don't want to put the boat on a random trailer with pads that may not line up with the stringer supports built into the hull. Might do some damage!

It's a 2008 trailer and you already have rust issues? you use the boat in the ocean? Mine is a 2000 and just starting to get some rust but nothing that would compromise the integrity of the trailer... Just curious.

Tennessee Trailer in Soddy Daisy, Tn. Had two for different boats, solid built.

8. mikesxpress
    Research aluminum trailers in your area. Lots of mfg out there selling them.

9. Member
    Vantage/ Venture make nice trailers at good price points. Yes, if the trailer you purchase us adjustable….any decent trailer shop will set up the trailer to fit your boat. (If you bring boat to them). They will also take your old trailer on trade….or dispose if it fir you.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Cape Cod Basser said: It's a 2008 trailer and you already have rust issues? you use the boat in the ocean? Mine is a 2000 and just starting to get some rust but nothing that would compromise the integrity of the trailer... Just curious.
    14 years of towing it around Upstate NY. (And other areas) and I fish "a lot" especially now that I'm retired and during the times of year that most other guys have parked theirs for the winter.

I also plan on keeping this boat until I kick off. Garage kept, everything on it equipment wise (From Engine to electronics) is new and up to date and I take care of everything else maintenance wise. I keep up with any rust that appears on the trailer, but there's not a thing I can do about the salt attacking inside the trailer. It's not going to last forever.

Normally, I stop going out once they start salting the roads. But if there's a snow storm in the late fall or late winter, but the water temps and the weather are still going to be good afterwards, I'll continue to fish towing it to and from the lake.

Problem is, salt and salt dust are on the roads after the storm, at least until, and if, we get some rain to wash it off the roads.

During that time of year, I'll also hit the car wash right near home for preventive maintenance washing in case the season "ends" abruptly. I don't want to have it sit in the garage all winter getting eaten. But still, salt does it's work.

Speaking of salt, about three weeks ago, I towed the boat down to Dale Hollow in Tennessee for a 2 week trip. I'd been watching the weather for weeks, hoping that I'd hit a "weather window" meaning several days without snow, perhaps some warming weather, maybe even a little rain to wash the salt off the road. I've lucked out for years on these 'winter' trips. Not this time!

When I arrived at my cabin, both my Red Truck and my Black boat were "White" with salt. Took almost 2 hours at the local car wash in Celine to wash it all off and that was just the boat! That's a worst case scenario, but it takes its toll. Multiply that by 14 years.

Salt attacks steel. It doesn't take long for it to start eating away at it and not just on cars and trailers. I learned that early having lived on Long Island.

For example, I'd bring two shot guns with me when I'd go Sea Duck hunting on Long Island Sound. (Salt Water) One I'd leave zipped up in the gun case. (Just a backup) I'd get home and start cleaning the gun I'd used, which you could plainly see was already showing signs of the salt working on it. The one in the case, which was never even opened, was just as bad. We’re talking just hours here. Salt is evil!

Anyway, my looking into getting a new trailer now is just prep for a future “Plan B”. Curiosity satisfied?
    Last edited by OBT; 03-29-2022 at 12:15 PM.

11. Member
    I had one built by Trailmaster. They did a great job. They have prints for many hulls. Might have yours and If the don't they will make one just to have the print.
    https://trailmastertrailers.com/
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Thanks

C and O marine
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliefan2 View Post
    Just picked one up last week.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliefan2 View Post
    Another vote for Tennessee Trailer

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    It's a 2008 trailer and you already have rust issues? you use the boat in the ocean? Mine is a 2000 and just starting to get some rust but nothing that would compromise the integrity of the trailer... Just curious.
    Marinemaster trailers are the thinnest mild carbon tube steel they could get away with, I don’t live anywhere near the rust belt and mine has soft spots in the bottom of the v on all crossmembers. I cleared out the rust flakes and enlarged the hole and check them often and painted and it seems to have slowed down the progression. I won’t have another tube trailer out of mild steel for as long as I live, and won’t have another marinemaster if I can help it. Very poor fit and load/unload performance compared to every other trailer I’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Just picked one up last week.
    How are you liking the trailer? I just ordered one. Hope I made a good decision.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X