Post Humminbird Apex and Solix Information Resource

There has been a very old Onix & Ion Information Resource Sticky Post which has also served as the Solix and Apex Information Resource but I am starting this post as the new Information Resource to be used going forward. The previous Onix & Ion Information Resource Sticky Post will be made "Un-Sticky" in order to archive it and it will still be active but just not "Sticky".

The previous Onix & Ion Information Resource Post can be found at --> http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=486412

This thread will be open to new posts and I will get it started with the Humminbird Announcement of the Solix G3 and Apex G1 Units.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 04-02-2022 at 05:48 PM.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Here is the original Apex G1 Announcement:

November 16, 2020
    Introducing the Humminbird APEX™ Series: A Premium Multi-Function Display

RACINE, Wisconsin, Nov. 16, 2020 – Humminbird® announces the next level in fish finder technology with the launch of the new APEX™ series. Now combining Humminbird’s best-in-class sonar technologies and full networking capabilities on a full-HD display, APEX delivers the clearest and most-detailed display of sonar and chart technologies and represents the pinnacle of marine electronics innovation.
    Humminbird has been a dominant leader in marine electronics for decades by putting the most powerful and intuitive tools in the hands of anglers to help them find and catch more fish. APEX is the most advanced offering to date and offers more custom rigging options and large screen displays than ever before.
    The full-HD, 1920 x 1080 display allows anglers to see sonar and chart images with incredible detail, ensuring no fish goes unseen, on their choice of 13”, 16” or a massive 19” display. APEX’s Cross Touch ™ Interface is powered by a powerful dual-core processor that provides lightning-fast intuitive control, as well as customization of features from either the touchscreen or the softkey inputs.
    Thanks to its low-profile design, APEX provides a sleek, custom look when mounted in-dash, with your choice of the included front mount in-dash kit or available rear mount in-dash kit, ensuring APEX will be a natural fit at any helm.
    Shown in full-HD detail, APEX offers anglers the best possible views and more sonar options with dual-channel CHIRP sonar support. Anglers can take advantage of Humminbird’s renowned Dual Spectrum CHIRP (2D) sonar and MEGA Imaging+™ sonar included on all models, as well as optional 2D CHIRP sonar transducers for specific applications and premium sonar performance.
    APEX provides a dedicated channel for Humminbird sonar technology, including MEGA Side® Imaging+™ and MEGA Down Imaging+®, which now see further and deeper than ever before- with range and depth capabilities up to 250 ft under and to either side of the boat. Additionally, APEX’s second sonar channel provides an independent connection for accessory 2D CHIRP transducers up to 2 kilowatts and includes Airmar® transducer ID, which provides simple configuration of settings for optimal sonar returns.
    “At Humminbird, we know that for some, the pursuit of the next bite knows no bounds. And in APEX, we created a product that delivers on the need for peak performance and leaves excuses at the pier.” said Matt Cook, Humminbird brand manager, Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics.
    “When chasing fish on the big water, APEX provides captains everything they need, including near-limitless networking options, that provide the information and control to needed to face any fishing scenario.” says Cook.
    In addition, APEX offers an industry-leading collection of navigation and networking options, allowing anglers to customize the MFD to their fishing and vessel needs. Starting with built-in GPS and Humminbird Basemap, anglers have chart coverage for the entire continental U.S. coastline and 10,000 inland waters. Additional premium chart options from Humminbird CoastMaster™, LakeMaster® and Navionics® offers anglers everywhere the confidence and information of complete chart coverage.
    For those looking for advanced networking, APEX has many options, including:

• Dual Ethernet Ports for networking multiple MFDs, CHIRP Radar and Minn Kota i-Pilot Link trolling motors, eliminating the need for an external 5-port hub
    • NMEA 0183 port for external GPS receiver and NMEA 0183 accessories.
    • NMEA 2000® networking to support virtually all NMEA 2000 data and accessories, including bearing, depth, engine status, fuel level, electrical data
    • Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi communication for Humminbird and Minn Kota accessory support, as well as Navionics® Plotter Sync functionality
    • HDMI In/Out for connection to video inputs or HDMI-compatible displays
    • One-Boat Network™ compatibility provides exclusive integration and control of Humminbird CoastMaster and LakeMaster charts, Minn Kota® i-Pilot® Link™ trolling motors and shallow water anchors, as well as Cannon® Optimum downriggers
    • Compatible with Humminbird CHIRP radar, Fusion® audio, autopilot, VHF radio systems and CZone® Contact 6 / Contact 6 Plus digital switching devices

The new APEX Series from Humminbird is offered in 13”, 16” and 19” models and supports MEGA Side Imaging+, MEGA Down Imaging+ and Dual Spectrum CHIRP 2D sonar, as well as optional accessory 2D CHIRP transducers. Anglers have their choice of either standard APEX chartplotter models that include a transom-mount transducer, or APEX CHO (Control Head Only) models, which gives them the option to pick an accessory transducer to match their specific needs. APEX models come with a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty are available in six models ranging from $3699.99 - $4,999.99.
    For more information call Humminbird at 800-633-1468 or visit http://www.humminbird.com/APEX.

• Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Here is the Solix G3 Announcement:

October 1, 2020
    Introducing the Third Generation Humminbird SOLIX Series with Sonar and Performance Advancements

RACINE, Wis., October 1, 2020 – Humminbird announces the introduction of the SOLIX® Series third-generation (G3) units, building on the brand’s commitment to deliver technology advancements that give anglers a more complete picture of the water and structure around them, to find and catch more fish.
    The new SOLIX G3 models feature a powerful new dual-core processor, delivering lightning-fast responsiveness from either the touch screen or keypad via SOLIX’s Cross Touch® interface. With the intuitive control of Cross Touch, SOLIX provides a customizable fishing experience that puts the most important features and functionality at the forefront. Create custom screen views and save up to ten as favorites in a quick-access sidebar menu, along with the ability to modify data overlays, waypoint settings and more, to match an angler’s fishing style and preferences. The SOLIX G3 Series now packs more technology into large, bright screens, giving anglers their choice of SOLIX G3 units in 10.1”, 12.1” or 15.4” high-definition, sunlight-viewable displays.
    “The new SOLIX G3 fish finders give anglers a constant stream of information to maximize their time on the water,” said Matt Cook, Humminbird Brand Manager. “It combines the best technologies and large display sizes in a package that can be customized to an angler’s preferences, so they have the views, data and intuitive control they need to find fish faster.”
    The new SOLIX G3 Series provides an expanded range of MEGA Imaging+™, giving anglers the ability to view the highest quality imaging sonar on the market, now at deeper depths and further distances. MEGA Imaging+ on SOLIX G3 models now reaches up to 250-feet deep with MEGA Down Imaging+, and up to 250-feet to each side with MEGA Side Imaging+, enhancing anglers’ ability to find and focus on productive fishing waters. Humminbird’s Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar is built-in to every model and provides exceptional 2D sonar which displays easily-identifiable fish arches and produces superb target separation. For anglers looking for deep-water performance, SOLIX G3 models are compatible with optional Airmar® CHIRP transducers and now include Airmar transducer ID, making initial setup easy and ensure peak sonar performance.
    Standard on SOLIX G3 models, built-in GPS and Humminbird Basemap provide depth information and navigational aids for all continental U.S. coastal waters and over 10,000+ U.S. lakes and rivers. Premium chart options from Humminbird include LakeMaster® and CoastMaster™ charts, which provide exclusive compatibility and features to Humminbird users. Additionally, SOLIX G3 models are also compatible with Navionics® charts, providing Humminbird users the widest selection of charts available, ensuring they are covered with premium chart options no matter where they fish. For anglers looking for an extra edge, all SOLIX models include AutoChart® Live, allowing anglers to easily create their own custom maps in real time. Simply turn the feature on and watch as depth contours and even vegetation and bottom hardness layers appear on-screen.
    The SOLIX G3 Series provides advanced networking capabilities, including built-in NMEA 2000® and Wi-Fi. All SOLIX models have a dedicated NMEA 2000 networking port built-in to support the connection to compatible accessories to display information like engine data, vessel sensors and virtually any NMEA 2000 compatible accessory. Built-in Wi-Fi connection allows SOLIX to support the optional Navionics® Plotter Sync feature.
    SOLIX with Minn Kota Raptor Controls - One-Boat Network
    Packed with Ethernet networking and Bluetooth® functionality, SOLIX G3 models have been designed to work seamlessly with the One-Boat Network™. This exclusive pairing of Humminbird, Minn Kota and Cannon fishing products allows anglers to integrate compatible fish finders, trolling motors, shallow water anchors, downriggers and more, so that anglers can find, stay on, and catch more fish. With One-Boat Network, anglers can control connected Minn Kota® i-Pilot® Link™ trolling motors, Talon™ and Raptor™ shallow water anchors and Cannon® downriggers right from the convenient side bar menu on their Humminbird SOLIX, keeping all of the boat control and fish finding features at their command. SOLIX G3 models are also compatible with optional MEGA 360 Imaging transducers and Built-in MEGA Imaging on select Minn Kota trolling motors. Additionally, leverage the Humminbird FishSmart™ app for wireless software updates and LakeMaster chart downloads, as well as convenient connection with Humminbird Technical Service.
    The upgraded performance and sonar upgrades of the new SOLIX G3 Series are available in 10.1”, 12.1” and 15.4” Cross Touch displays, offering an angler’s choice of either MEGA Side Imaging+ or MEGA Side Imaging+ CHO models in each display size. Both model variations will support MEGA Side Imaging+, MEGA Down Imaging+ and Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar, as well as optional Airmar 2D CHIRP transducers. However, CHO (Control Head Only) models do not include a transducer, and provides anglers the option to pick the precise transducer for their needs.
    SOLIX G3 models come with a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty and will include models ranging in price from $2,199.99 - $3,499.99.
    For more information call Humminbird at 800-633-1468 or visit http://www.humminbird.com.

4. Member
    A few thoughts and questions.
    1) I have a Airmar B175 HW thru hull transducer with a transom mount MSI transducer. What is the ping sequence of the transducers if you have (2) 2Ds? Which one is the depth coming from? Example I read that sometime if 2D is set to auto in shallow water it can cause some issues with slowing down the ping sequence.
    2) I have hooked up my HDMI in to the aqua view camera and can see the camera view on my screen. I also can see all of the screen shots from the Apex on my phone with the HDMI out except the HDMI in. It won't show what ever is hooked to the HDMI in (Aqua view camera) just all other views.
    3) With (1) Apex 19, (1) Apex 16, Mega 360, Mega live, should the 360 and Live be turned on before turning on each unit?

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    A few thoughts and questions.
    1) I have a Airmar B175 HW thru hull transducer with a transom mount MSI transducer. What is the ping sequence of the transducers if you have (2) 2Ds? Which one is the depth coming from? Example I read that sometime if 2D is set to auto in shallow water it can cause some issues with slowing down the ping sequence.
    2) I have hooked up my HDMI in to the aqua view camera and can see the camera view on my screen. I also can see all of the screen shots from the Apex on my phone with the HDMI out except the HDMI in. It won't show what ever is hooked to the HDMI in (Aqua view camera) just all other views.
    3) With (1) Apex 19, (1) Apex 16, Mega 360, Mega live, should the 360 and Live be turned on before turning on each unit?
    I don't have the Airmar so I haven't a clue on #1 but will give the others a shot:

2) I'm not exactly sure what the question is but, if the device connected to the HDMI In port isn't displaying on the Apex screen, then most likely there is a setting on the device itself you need to enable to display the video through the HDMI port. For example, if you have an Android phone and connect it to the HDMI In port on the apex via a USB C to HDMI converter, the device may not be actually transferring the image out of the USB C port. If your question was something different, please clarify.

3) I'm pretty meticulous about my starting sequence on all my devices and it has served me well. Is it absolutely necessary? I don't know the answer to that but it works for me. I like to power on in the following sequence:
    - Mega Live and Mega 360
    - Cannon Optimum Downriggers
    - "Master" control head (my Apex 19... has the Mega Live, Apex Transducer {I don't use a Y Cable}, and Cannon connections)
    - Secondary control head (Solix 12 G3... has the Mega 360 connection)

6. Member
    Finally Installed the 19 on the boat and have both MSI transducer and the Airmar 2D thru hull transducer. Sitting in the driveway I only see the MSI transducer. Not sure what to look for on the other Airmar 2D. I cannot seem to switch transducers. I'll try unplugging one at a time to see what changes.

(2)When I hook up the Aqua View camera it displays on the screen but won't display on my phone. I can switch views Nav, SI, DI, and they show up on my phone but when the Aqua View is on the screen It does not show on the phone. I can go directly from Aqua view to the phone no problem, seems as though it is only with the unit. When I install the Apex 16 I'll try that one.

Thanks for the feedback Steve and great job with being the moderator.

7. Member
    I recently purchased a Solix 10 CHIRP MSI+ G3 (software v4.020) and Navionics Platinum Plus card, only to find out from Humminbird that they've "temporarily" disabled the wifi feature due to software glitches, basically prohibiting use of the Navionics card's advanced features (such as Plotter Sync and SonarChart Live). I'm less than happy with Humminbird until they resolve the issue(s), as the unit purchased is not as advertised.

8. Member
    That sucks! I had not heard that before. Did they give you any idea when this might be fixed? Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by New Meadows View Post
    I recently purchased a Solix 10 CHIRP MSI+ G3 (software v4.020) and Navionics Platinum Plus card, only to find out from Humminbird that they've "temporarily" disabled the wifi feature due to software glitches, basically prohibiting use of the Navionics card's advanced features (such as Plotter Sync and SonarChart Live). I'm less than happy with Humminbird until they resolve the issue(s), as the unit purchased is not as advertised.
    WiFi has never worked, so it has not been ("temporarily" disabled). The unit has Wifi, but there is no function or has there ever been. It's for some undetermined future use. G4N Helix units have it also, but there is no function for it yet.

Bluetooth has been temporarily disabled for all units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Wayne, Was that from the last update? All units? For all functions. Sorry for all the questions sounds like a major issue. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Wayne, Was that from the last update? All units? For all functions. Sorry for all the questions sounds like a major issue. Bob
    Bluetooth software update was disabled about a year ago due to glitches.
    Then having multiple Bluetooth accessories caused glitches, so now only one Bluetooth device can be subscribed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Thanks, I thought there was a new situation. Bob

13. Member
    It seems that Humminbird is advertising a product that does not perform as claimed. The Solix is advertised as having WiFi capable of interfacing with the Navionics system. From the Humminbird advertisement above:

Built-in Wi-Fi connection allows SOLIX to support the optional Navionics
    ® Plotter Sync feature.

And there are compatibility claims from Navionics:
    Humminbird Software Update Adds Dock-to-dock Autorouting and Plotter Sync Capability to Solix Models (navionics.com)

When I reached out to the Humminbird support center I was told by Humminbird that the WiFi has been "temporarily" disabled due to software glitches and to keep an eye out for future software updates that 'might' resolve the issue(s). I also reached out to Navionics and they indicated they would have their OME team whom interacts with Humminbird try to figure out a solution, as they claimed this was the first they had heard of the WiFi feature being disabled by Humminbird.
    Last edited by New Meadows; 05-13-2022 at 10:44 AM.

14. Member
    I have a Solix msi 10 gen3, updated my unit to latest system update 4.070. There was an earlier post about experiences with doing this update. Can't find that post? I updated my Solix, SI, Di screens looked ok. The problem I am having after the system update is that I can not display the Lakemaster or Navionics map data? Humminbird Basemap seems to display OK. Not sure what problem is, was hoping someone on here might have solution that will fix my map card problems. Thanx in advance for any info regarding this problem,

15. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    I have a Solix msi 10 gen3, updated my unit to latest system update 4.070. There was an earlier post about experiences with doing this update. Can't find that post? I updated my Solix, SI, Di screens looked ok. The problem I am having after the system update is that I can not display the Lakemaster or Navionics map data? Humminbird Basemap seems to display OK. Not sure what problem is, was hoping someone on here might have solution that will fix my map card problems. Thanx in advance for any info regarding this problem,
    When you press the Home key, then Settings, and then Chart, what do you see when you have the chart cards in the SD Slots? You should be able to select the cards that are in the SD slots.

16. Member
    After update to 4.070, my Navionics maps only shows weigh points, my Lake Master map flashes on and off continually. Looks like I am not the only person having this problem with map cards after update? I have reported this problem over a week ago to Humminbird and have not heard back from them, pretty discouraged! Do you or Wayne P. have any suggestions that might fix this problem. Solix has worked great up until I did the update, wish I hadn't done the update, no way the go back to previous system version:(

Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    After update to 4.070, my Navionics maps only shows weigh points, my Lake Master map flashes on and off continually. Looks like I am not the only person having this problem with map cards after update? I have reported this problem over a week ago to Humminbird and have not heard back from them, pretty discouraged! Do you or Wayne P. have any suggestions that might fix this problem. Solix has worked great up until I did the update, wish I hadn't done the update, no way the go back to previous system version:(
    The fix is wait until Humminbird fixes it. That glitch was passed on to HB right after you posted it on the 20th.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Thanx Wayne for the info.....Sam

19. Member
    Update on my Solix issues, I got an email from Humminbird and they want me to mail my Solix back to them to get it fixed. I mailed it out yesterday...... Sam