Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sourcing Water Temp from Active Target Transducer

I noticed what seems to be a temp sensor on my Active Target transducer. Because water temperature is reading incorrectly from my 3-1, I would like to try to source water temp from the AT transducer. A google search suggests that I can just go to "data overlay" and add water temp from the AT. But when I get into the data overlay section, all I see is the water temp from the 3-1. Anyone have an idea of how to pull that data from the AT transducer and get it to display? Thanks.

This in on an HDS Live 12 unit mounted on bow/trolling motor.

2. Member
    Go to pages/settings/network/Data Sources/Sonar/Water temp select the one you are looking for The overlay does not have anything to do with the source it lines up with the source that is picked Leave it to Goolosh

3. Member
    In: pages/settings/network/Data Sources/Sonar/Water temp: there is no option that to select any other source than the one that I have already selected.

4. Member
    Just go to EDIT OVERLAY and add it. And add the BEZEL so you can see it better.

Squib, did you ever figure this out? I gave up trying to get it to work on my Carbon. Now i have a brand new 12 on the bow and STILL no option for temp. I have been to source and chose AT but there is NO option to add water temp. Not under edit overlay either. I dont understand why some people can do this. I have been all through these graphs and cant make it work for a solo AT transducer setup.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Member
    Have you tried

Disconnect all transducers from the same unit that you connect AT to so the only source is AT know if you have your module in your network vs direct from a unit to the module that will not work. Isolate all temp and transducers from 1 unit that has the AT module connected to, THen go the data sources and see if it shows up. I may take some time so I would do this on the water so you can run the AT for a while. I have tried this 3 times and it worked 2 out of the 3 times. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Have you tried

Disconnect all transducers from the same unit that you connect AT to so the only source is AT know if you have your module in your network vs direct from a unit to the module that will not work. Isolate all temp and transducers from 1 unit that has the AT module connected to, THen go the data sources and see if it shows up. I may take some time so I would do this on the water so you can run the AT for a while. I have tried this 3 times and it worked 2 out of the 3 times. Good Luck
    No , i have not been this complex on it. However, I WILL give this a try. Thanks for the reply!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Have you tried

FINALLY!! lol, got it to work last night. Temp source finally showed in Sonar settings and i was able to select AT for the source and get temp to work.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Lowrance's temp sensor handling is convoluted at best. I remember adding a thru hull temp sensor to livewell, and getting that data to display along with temp from 3DSS transducer was quite a headache - so much in fact I don't really recall what finally got it all working, so am afraid to ever change it lol...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    FINALLY!! lol, got it to work last night. Temp source finally showed in Sonar settings and i was able to select AT for the source and get temp to work.
    You can also select depth from your AT so you can turn off all other depth to eliminate noise and the AT sonar does not seem to produce any that way you still have depth for an overlay.

You can also select depth from your AT so you can turn off all other depth to eliminate noise and the AT sonar does not seem to produce any that way you still have depth for an overlay.
    Thanks, Yes, I was able to get depth to work as well. The AT is the only source for depth or temp that i have on my front units. Good info to know!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Thanks, Yes, I was able to get depth to work as well. The AT is the only source for depth or temp that i have on my front units. Good info to know!
    Great glad it worked out for you.

13. Member
    Have you tried

I tried this for about 30 minutes today on the water. The AT source options never showed up. I have a Live 12 at console and also at the bow. I powered off console 12 and unplugged the HDI transducer from bow 12. The AT doesn’t even show on my Device List. I’d like to have depth and temp from the AT, if I can. What am I missing?
    Last edited by Skeeter Man; 06-16-2023 at 05:56 PM.

14. Member
    I wonder if the master -slave thing is having an impact?...ie.... Is the device list contained on the master unit? You have the bow turned off, the network doesn't see the devices...

15. Member
    Just for kicks I changed my temperature source to AT on my front graph. It reads 4 degrees cooler than my 3 in 1. My 3 in 1 matches my infrared thermometer. I just switched the source back to the 3 in 1. I know there's a temperature off set settings. Switching it back was easier.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
    Is the device list contained on the master unit?
    I’ll check the console list tomorrow. I’ve looked in the bow data sources for the AT temp & depth with no luck prior to Basshopper’s suggestion.

17. Member
    my AT temp is like 10 deg warmer!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Man View Post
    I tried this for about 30 minutes today on the water. The AT source options never showed up. I have a Live 12 at console and also at the bow. I powered off console 12 and unplugged the HDI transducer from bow 12. The AT doesn’t even show on my Device List. I’d like to have depth and temp from the AT, if I can. What am I missing?
    Clarification, The device list has nothing to do with Ethernet only NMEA Your AT is connected to Ethernet. Sometimes it takes a while with everything unplugged to change the connections. Don't ask me why I have no idea, Sometimes it can take a couple of hours to show up most of the times I have done it usually 1 hr. So 30 minutes no wonder it did not show up.Just unplug your HDI and ad a network sonar to your bow and go fish for the day then see what happens..As I explained above it works 2 out of 3 times maybe your the 3rd time.

19. Member
    Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    my AT temp is like 10 deg warmer!!
    I checked mine today, same for me... compared to the 3DSS temp one AT1 was about 10* warmer, my other one was about 5* warmer And the Ghost temp sensor was a bit different as well.

But they did all show up in the source list, without disconnecting/powering off anything, so I got that going for me lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast