2022 CX 20 Pro Gas Gauge Stuck at 100%

The gas gauge was working until the first fueling after delivery. It was showing 25% and held 37.6 gallons, so the accuracy was there. It will not move off 100% despite 2 more hours of running. I am hoping there is a recalibration procedure or that it will heal itself.

2. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

3. Member
    Thank you, Rodney.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    Thank you, Rodney.
    Your welcome, hope this fixes it!

5. Member
    I got out for a while today and the fuel gauge dropped to 87%. I will watch it and fill up at 4 tank hours or so to be safe. I saved the reset instructions in case I need them.

6. Member
    I calibrated mine according to the directions, after I got it calibrated my trim gauge stuck on 25, then I calibrated the trim gauge, guess what, the fuel gauge went wacky again. I am having vessel view installed now, probably will not have much use for that gauge anymore.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I calibrated mine according to the directions, after I got it calibrated my trim gauge stuck on 25, then I calibrated the trim gauge, guess what, the fuel gauge went wacky again. I am having vessel view installed now, probably will not have much use for that gauge anymore.
    Trim issue - FIXED
    For everyone who’s having issues with their gauge being stuck on 25 I found a solution that worked for me.

1. Hold both buttons on the gauge to go into the settings menu.
    2. 2nd option down - engine
    Change from “Single” to “Starboard”
    3. Scroll down and exit the menu

Trim then worked perfect for me.
    Hope this works for everyone else as well
    From one of the caymas team members, passing this along. Hope it helps.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I also installed vessel view on mine 2 weeks ago. Made a 164 mile round trip last weekend. It was nice knowing the actual gallons used. It is a good investment and peace of mind if you make long runs.

9. Member
    I've been having issues with my fuel gauge since I purchases mine new in Feb. I even ran out of gas once. Its in the shop now for the fuel gauge issue.
    2022 Caymas CX 21 Pro, 2022 Merc 250 Pro XS 4 stroke, 10" Atlas Hydraulic Plate, 24" Fury 3 Blade
    Humminbird 16" Apex Driver's Console; Two Garmin Echomap 126SV, Two Garmin LVS 34's, Humminbird 16" Apex & Mega 360, RiteHite Turret, Garmin Force Troll Motor on the Bow

10. Member
    I am giving up on the fuel gauge and installing Vessel View.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21'Glass View Post
    I've been having issues with my fuel gauge since I purchases mine new in Feb. I even ran out of gas once. Its in the shop now for the fuel gauge issue.
    I've seen dealers replace 2 and even 3 gauges. Best way to set gauge is set to empty, 1/2 and then full at same time in settings. This has helped a lot of guys in some cases. If that doesnt work, they have been replacing gauges if its not in tank or sending units, wiring,etc.

When in gauge settings and selecting fuel 1, what input should be selected? Also once selected is there a way to calibrate fuel gauge?
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

How did this turn out.? I know it’s an old thread but I’m having issues on my 2023
    If you think you have it bad...Look Around and BE THANKFUL because Someone Always Has it Worse!!

BoatWrx Alabama Team Member - Mercury Pro Team
    2023 Caymas CX21- Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke - Garmin Force & Garmin electronics
    2011- Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Tow Toy

2273FBA9-FA92-4E7E-84CB-05B3C483CB55.jpeg
    I added a analog gauge works great

I installed Vessel View Mobile before I took the boat out for it's break in after I read all about all the issues. My gauge seems to work okay but it it nice knowing exactly what your fuel usage is.

Is any boat fuel gauge 100% acurate?

16. Member
    The digital fuel gauge may not be accurate for several reasons. I did a lot of research before writing up the info on the analog fuel gauge install... One big thing to realize is that the reading of the digital gauge (it it works correctly at all) and the reading of the analog gauge will never represent the actual amount of fuel in the tank. It will only represent the height of the fuel on the sending unit (1/2 will not be half a tank of fuel, but actually more like 1/4 tank of fuel.. simply means liquid is half way up on the sending unit, which is sitting in the back of a tank that may be sitting at a nose up angle).

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    2273FBA9-FA92-4E7E-84CB-05B3C483CB55.jpeg
    I added a analog gauge works great
    I added this also and found out its very close to the factory gauge.

I had a regular gauge installed screw that digital ��
    If you think you have it bad...Look Around and BE THANKFUL because Someone Always Has it Worse!!

BoatWrx Alabama Team Member - Mercury Pro Team
    2023 Caymas CX21- Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke - Garmin Force & Garmin electronics
    2011- Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Tow Toy

19. Member
    Can you give me any ideas on how hard the gauge install was.

Super easy there is a good write on FB caymas tips page