Finally took delivery of our new CX-18SS

It seemed like a long road, but we finally got our new Caymas. Still working out a lot of bugs from the dealer install of the Lowrance package. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for this group.

Congrats on your purchase! Would love to see pics!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiakwood View Post
    It seemed like a long road, but we finally got our new Caymas. Still working out a lot of bugs from the dealer install of the Lowrance package. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for this group.
    Let me be the first to welcome you to BBC and the Caymas board of friends. We need pictures are you don't count If you need help posting just let me know be happy to post them for you. I have been stuck around the house for several days, got plenty of time to help you if needed.

Let's see that bad boy

5. Member
    Only Picture I have at the moment is when we said yes at the dealership. We are going fishing this week, I'll get some pics with the accessories on it.
    IMG_1797.jpeg

6. Member
    So my first question, We equipped the boat with the Lowrance Elite 9 (bow and console) and the Ghost troller. The Elite 9 comes with the AI 3 in 1 transom mounted transducer. We lose depth at 22mph and it doesn't come back until we slow to 8 mph. The dealer says this is normal yet Lowrance says it should read up to 55mph with no problem. We have moved the transducer up and down as much as the mount will allow but no improvement. We even fabricated a couple of brackets to push the transducer deeper but no luck. A couple of requests for advice to Caymas have gone unanswered. Any suggestions?
    IMG_1875.jpg

7. Member
    I think you’re gonna need a thru-hull transducer to get a clean signal while on plane. I have Garmins, and have a thru-hull transducer that provides traditional sonar and depth, and a second transom mounted transducer that provides down and side imaging. Try posting your question up in the Lowrance section. I’m sure you’ll get plenty of help there.

8. Member
    you do need an in hull ducer. most caymas boats come with one already epoxied into the hull. you might check in the back and see if one's in there you may just not have it plugged in. also to get it to run sometimes if your unit is set on shallow setting, it won't read speed, cuz when you get up on plane you run across in deeper water. Has to be set on bass boat or fresh water setting.

9. Member
    very nice..I have a 21 and they placd the 3n1 in the middle..i still loose depth at acertain speed. Agree with Bill....in hull would be the best to capture that data point. Where did you purchase..love the color.

10. Member
    It should have a transducer in the hull back by the pumps unless the boat was ordered with no electronics. Your 3-1 will not read on plane, that's a fact surprised your dealer doesn't know that. Ask them to install one when you get the extras added on, that should fix your problem.

Love the colors of your rig!!!

Great colors, That would be my choice also

13. Member
    We purchased it at Bunch Marine. Thats a whole other story.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasTom View Post
    very nice..I have a 21 and they placd the 3n1 in the middle..i still loose depth at acertain speed. Agree with Bill....in hull would be the best to capture that data point. Where did you purchase..love the color.

14. Member
    You have me curious. What is your Bunch story?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    You have me curious. What is your Bunch story?
    Personally I have not heard anything negative on the guys at Bunch!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Personally I have not heard anything negative on the guys at Bunch!
    Me either. I am a happy Bunch customer.

17. Member
    Congrats on the new boat.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

18. Member
    Congrats on the boat! I've bought a couple of boats from Bunch with absolutely no issues, what did you not like?

19. Member
    On our first trip to Bunch we explained to the salesman that this was our first time buying a new boat, we bought our Stratos second hand and it would be our trade in. We eventually decided on a model and accessories and received a quote from our salesman. We told him our final deal would be based on the value of our trade (which was in excellent conditions with all the documentation of service). Long story short they low balled us on our trade as all salesman do and were looking to hold on to the Stratos. We came down on our value and they came up, we provided them an additional deposit and waited for the Caymas. A few days later our salesman called and told us additional pieces were required to network the Lowrance system. Another few hundred bucks. Pick up the boat day, it was apparently lake tested. The trailer lights didn't work, but supposedly it was my vehicle that was the problem, they flickered on and off on the salesman's vehicle also. We tow the boat home with the lights flickering on and off and found a bent prong at home. Our first trip out and the front sonar does nothing, it powered up but that was it. We got out the manual and had to figure out how to network the setup. The depth at speed drops out at 22mph, we called our salesman "That's normal you have to buy an in hull transducer", why the hell didn't he mention that when were negotiating the boat? Buzzing along the lake and a large chunk of plastic falls out from under the dash, it was the cut out from the dash mounted Elite FS sonar. The tech never removed the cut out, he just left it in the dash. Not to mention he mounted the screen slightly crooked and stripped a couple of screws on the electrical switch panel and just left them half way in. The boat itself is great Caymas makes a quality vessel. Loaded our gear to help balance the listing to the left and now the boat rides great. Top speed with the 150 Merc is 52 mph. It's highly unlikely we will go back to Bunch for service in fact we will have Bass Boat Electronics in Friendsville install the in hull transducer. Maybe dropping $60,000 was peanuts to Mike at Bunch but its a lot of money to us. We expected service similar to buying a new car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiakwood View Post
    We purchased it at Bunch Marine. Thats a whole other story.
    Last edited by Kodiakwood; 03-18-2022 at 11:08 AM.

My biggest fear when I finally purchase a new boat is a dealer who doesn't do the installs and prep like I would. These are all valid issues.