Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    FYI, spec is now 100ft lbs, not 40.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Older thread, but how to you get the 2nd part (no 23 in diagram above, that sits against/inside the prop) out of the old prop? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove it without damaging it? It actually appears to be pressed in?

I have used T2 coming... maybe I will get lucky and it will have that spacer already in it.
    When that spacer sticks on mine I use channel lock pliers to give it a twist/pull and it comes out. One time it was really stuck so I put a small bag of ice on the washer for about 15 minutes and then it came out easily.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    When that spacer sticks on mine I use channel lock pliers to give it a twist/pull and it comes out. One time it was really stuck so I put a small bag of ice on the washer for about 15 minutes and then it came out easily.
    T2 did not come with it it appears. Going to try the ice and channel locks and see if I can get the old one off the T1. If not I guess I'll be driving to Yamaha dealer tomorrow
    Last edited by 78Staff; 02-24-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    EDIT I am an idiot, the T2 did not come with it it appears. Going to try the ice and channel locks and see if I can get the old one off the T1. If not I guess I'll be driving to Yamaha dealer tomorrow
    Well dammit that sucker is not budging :(. Really blows, this was my get back on the water fast option and now I'm going to have to run around to see if I can find that spacer 3 at a local Yamaha shop, if not will have to order and that's another week or so gone.

EDIT - well I got it off! I figured I would give it one more shot, had ice on it for almost an hour... had to insert a screwdriver in the gap and hit it with a soft blow hammer. It finally started to move so I worked around it and got it to pop out. Cleaned it up and have it sitting in freezer now for a bit so I can install it in the T2.

Interesting note on the T2 - it's stamped T2 25 from the factory, but I notice some numbers etched inside as well (not stamped). One is a string of numbers, and the 2nd set is the number 27. I really, really hope that doesn't mean this got re-worked/re-pitched to a 27P? Seller thought it was a 25 but never ran it... It did come off a Phoenix, do Phoenix's commonly need a 27P? I guess only way to know for sure is to run it, and if my rpms are way down we know it's been repitched?

Last edited by 78Staff; 02-23-2023 at 10:35 PM.

Well dammit that sucker is not budging :(. Really blows, this was my get back on the water fast option and now I'm going to have to run around to see if I can find that spacer 3 at a local Yamaha shop, if not will have to order and that's another week or so gone.

EDIT - well I got it off! I figured I would give it one more shot, had ice on it for almost an hour... had to insert a screwdriver in the gap and hit it with a soft blow hammer. It finally started to move so I worked around it and got it to pop out. Cleaned it up and have it sitting in freezer now for a bit so I can install it in the T2.

Interesting note on the T2 - it's stamped T2 25 from the factory, but I notice some numbers etched inside as well (not stamped). One is a string of numbers, and the 2nd set is the number 27. I really, really hope that doesn't mean this got re-worked/re-pitched to a 27P? Seller thought it was a 25 but never ran it... It did come off a Phoenix, do Phoenix's commonly need a 27P? I guess only way to know for sure is to run it, and if my rpms are way down we know it's been repitched?

Well, RPMS were way down, so am assuming it was reworked/re-pitched to a 27. Topped out at 5500 or so, where I was at 6000-6100 with the T1 25. Search for a prop continues. :(.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12