Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Do these work on a Mac book? I can't get these to work

Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    Do these work on a Mac book? I can't get these to work
    No..
    They are Windows based PC files. You could use a friends PC to download and execute them onto an sdcard. Then use it in your Garmin unit.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and, he'll lay out of work, miss dinner dates with the wife....and live happily ever after"

"He, who dies with the most toys, wins"

3. Member
    Got it. I tried for 2 hours last night lol. I’ll do that. I’ve got a 1242 touch gpsmap unit. Pre perspective is the file I want right?

Got it. I tried for 2 hours last night lol. I’ll do that. I’ve got a 1242 touch gpsmap unit. Pre perspective is the file I want right?
    That all depends on what you want. And did you update to the new "Color Limit" version, and are having issues. Most of the guys with GPSMAP units that have issues with the color limit want to roll back to version 25.30 with GLS10 version 2.55...that being said, just download all of the versions and keep them on a USB thumb drive. Then test them on your unit and use whatever version you decide you like.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and, he'll lay out of work, miss dinner dates with the wife....and live happily ever after"

5. Member
    You can also watch this if you haven't. I did a comparison of 2.22/2.55/2.57. The clutter at 40 feet and ten feet down is just that. Watch lure falling, target separation of fish on bottom, noise, and ghost tree. If you read through that link some of us are explaining what we like and see.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1171257
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

6. Member
    ou can also watch this if you haven't. I did a comparison of 2.22/2.55/2.57. The clutter at 40 feet and ten feet down is just that. Watch lure falling, target separation of fish on bottom, noise, and ghost tree. If you read through that link some of us are explaining what we like and see.

If you do not get out for another comparison, which would you lean to at the present time,2.55 or 2.57?

Thanks

ps...Thanks for all your time for the testing and for pulling all the updates into a single source.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    If you do not get out for another comparison, which would you lean to at the present time,2.55 or 2.57?

Thanks

ps...Thanks for all your time for the testing and for pulling all the updates into a single source.
    To be honest it's going to come down to personal preference and how you like to fish. I'll make another video between 2.55 and 2.57. But once again today and tomorrow have winds of 15-25 and rain. I can't catch a break on my days off. I really want to spend some time on each version and pick them apart. I don't mind some clutter and ghost tree as long as it's not affecting target separation and tracking lures/fish. It seems like a lot of people want a perfectly clear screen. Anyone can achieve that at a cost though. I mainly Bass fish so my range is always set at 90-100 out. I want to see fish and structure well before I get to it. I also want to be able to track my lure from top to bottom as far as I can get it. There is a fine line to really fine tuning your personal system and what you like/ how you fish. My main goal was to make it easy for everyone to find what they need/want and how to update/roll back. The comparison video was really for a basic reference between the three. Like I mentioned in the other thread there are so many variables between one person to the next it's hard to say "Said Version is better". I'm trying to be unbias and neutral in my research. I'm just a nobody that likes to fish that will help anyone at any time.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    I'm trying to be unbias and neutral in my research. I'm just a nobody that likes to fish that will help anyone at any time.
    Don't sell yourself short. Being unbiased and neutral are the two biggest things anyone can bring to this board and I think you do that. Doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with what I say or anyone else says. You are posting your experiences and it will be helpful to many. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. Being unbiased and neutral are the two biggest things anyone can bring to this board and I think you do that. Doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with what I say or anyone else says. You are posting your experiences and it will be helpful to many. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks for the kind words. If I can ever get a break in weather on my days off I will really do some comparing. If you can't keep an open mind and do your own research it's hard to find the best settings for yourself in my opinion.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member
    stupid question, but does the last update for echomap update the unit as though you have done all the previous updates....or need to do them in order? Have a 93sv that has never been updated. any recommendations on what version to go to....regarding problems.

11. Member
    Each update is the complete package. What you are referring to is the practice of patching that some software companies use when an update might only affect one component or module of the software. Garmin doesn't do that. When Garmin makes a change to the software, even a small change, the whole software system is included. That's why the files are so big.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    I have downloaded the 25.3 update file to my computer, unzipped it using the installation wizard and saved it to a 32g card. I have tried two different times to force update this afternoon. Once the green letter words come up on the screen, I am still holding the up button, but the red letter words never populate on the screen. Am I doing something wrong? I need some help as we are leaving for Lake Fork, TX in the morning. Cell is 270-816-5973.
    Thanks,
    Brian Price

13. Member
    The card should already be in the unit when you do this. Then when you release the keys it's supposed to find the card and proceed. Ive had this happen like you describe. Taking the card out and putting it back it worked for me. Try that.

14. Member
    Nickstanislaus

Thanks for all the time you have put into the videos and the compilation of software.

Going to Enid next week for crappie fishing and decided to go all in with 19.20 and 2.57 on the Echomap 106 unit.

Will have a whole week to play and adjust and will either love, live with it or hate it and change again.

Time will tell.

Thanks again.

15. Member
    Got it figured out. Thanks a million!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandchaser View Post
    Got it figured out. Thanks a million!!!!!
    Just saw your PM. Glad you got it fixed.

17. Member
    Nickstanislaus
    Thanks for all the time you have put into the videos and the compilation of software.
    Going to Enid next week for crappie fishing and decided to go all in with 19.20 and 2.57 on the Echomap 106 unit.
    Will have a whole week to play and adjust and will either love, live with it or hate it and change again.
    Time will tell.

Thanks again.
    You're Welcome but also thanks to db_db for providing links to update versions. It has been a team effort to make it as easy for every one as possible. If there is any other important info or links people would like added let me know and I will update post #1. I'm trying to keep post #1 live updated with just the main critical info as far as updates and helpful links.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

18. Member
    Yep, a Big thanks to db_db for the links, I had forgotten his large contribution part in this collaboration.

19. Member
    Anybody have any thoughts on which version seems to work best with your GPSMap?

I backed up and tried every version on this thread plus a couple more that I was able to get a copy of. I also tried 26.20 with 2.55 on the GLS10. Ultimately, to me, the 26.20 and 2.57 seemed to be the best. Truth be told though, I only ran each version for about 30 minutes each. I don't have dead spots any more, but the area that gives me the most fits - 5-15' I have what I call "light returns" or I have trouble "fully painting" a fish in that range. For example at 25' I can spot a fish and he will be full outlined....drive to him and about the time I get ready to make my presentation when he is at 15', the image of the fish will just get poor and undefined. Almost as if I'm not pointing the transducer straight at him at 0 degrees, but off to one side say + or - 3 degrees if that makes sense.

Wannabe...

Yep, a Big thanks to db_db for the links, I had forgotten his large contribution part in this collaboration.
    Glad to help...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast