1. Member
    Stow assist will be great.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Stow assist will be great.
    Curious. Does that move the head in to position automatically? If so, YES! So annoying having to do it manually.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Curious. Does that move the head in to position automatically? If so, YES! So annoying having to do it manually.
    I did not read it that way, but will certainly report after done. I am thinking it just holds where you stop.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Banned
    I did not read it that way, but will certainly report after done. I am thinking it just holds where you stop.
    Does your head not hold in place when stowing? Mine does. Though I have the steering assist set at the lowest since I like a stiff steering feel.

5. Member
    Does your head not hold in place when stowing? Mine does. Though I have the steering assist set at the lowest since I like a stiff steering feel.
    Only somewhat. The movement is not enough for me to have to readjust, but there is some slop. I can't remember my setting-though I know I posted it somewhere. It's either 4 or 5.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

6. Member
    It connects to the NMEA port on the foot pedal.

The USB connector on the dongle is to connect it to a computer to load future updates.
    Just put in my request. It'll be great to be able to keep up with any software updates

7. Member
    The procedure that comes with the programmer will explain what to do to upgrade the software all the way to the end. It will also require and on water calibration.
    M111, M112, M283,284,285.

Question for you guys. Mine works good, but when in spot lock in a heavy wind it seams like the motor will not ramp up to a faster speed to keep it in one spot. It drifts totally away. It works great in a light to medium wind.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mpdigger View Post
    Question for you guys. Mine works good, but when in spot lock in a heavy wind it seams like the motor will not ramp up to a faster speed to keep it in one spot. It drifts totally away. It works great in a light to medium wind.
    Mine does that as well. In heavy wind I'll drift a solid 10 feet off of where I anchored.

It also drifts way of course under heading lock motor won't speed up then either

11. Member
    Mine has worked flawlessly despite being subject to the recall.
    I believe that, and love the features, most notably, the cable assist and being able to still use it if the assist malfunctions, Also, the report that it is compatible with all sonars is a plus. I think it’s terrible that some trolling motors only function well with a certain brands of electronics, MG has done it, why can’t others? I have no issues with head size, any cosmetic change like this is an initial shocker, but most adjust to it quickly. I couldn’t stand the initial look of the Evinrude, but it grew on me pretty quick, now, the older styles look kinda antiquated to me.

However, I waited quite some time for MG, and I just didn’t want to wait any longer, and the fix not being correct when it’s released. I’ve been down that road with other things, and just couldn’t chance it.

I think they have a winner now, I hope so, but my Garmin has been on order, and I should receive it this week or early next. We’ll see how it goes. I do have reservations on it, but I had that issue of one thing or the other with all of them. I may be in a MG yet, we’ll see how the Garmin goes. I’m keeping my Tour, it still functions great, and it can be installed pretty quick if needed.

That was what I took it to mean. As you lift the motor out of the water to stow you rotate it to place the prop in the proper position, and it remains there until it’s fully stowed and locked down. As it is currently, the motor you have to use the pedal while stowing to insure proper positioning.
    It would be a big improvement
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    That was what I took it to mean. As you lift the motor out of the water to stow you rotate it to place the prop in the proper position, and it remains there until it’s fully stowed and locked down. As it is currently, the motor you have to use the pedal while stowing to insure proper positioning.
    I have to wonder how hard it would be for them to program it to automatically move in to "stowed" position. I hope they work on making that happen.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Have not heard of that one. Is it a reset to factory specs?
    Yes

From page 40 Owner's Manual

RESET TO FACTORY CALIBRATIONTo reset the trolling motor to the factory calibration, press and hold the manualmode button, then press 1, 1, 4.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I line it up before I begin and just go.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

16. Member
    Before I call MG-SC, for no nonsense answer to my question: Received notice no. 2021-02R1(replacing circuit board) and 2021-02R2 (USB update programmer).
    Is this two different recall action requirements?
    Thanks

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reddogtx View Post
    Before I call MG-SC, for no nonsense answer to my question: Received notice no. 2021-02R1(replacing circuit board) and 2021-02R2 (USB update programmer).
    Is this two different recall action requirements?
    Thanks
    Same issue, two different methods of repairing it. Service centers are no longer replacing boards, so that can be ignored. You can either take it to be reprogrammed or get the USB programmer and do it yourself.

I suggest getting the programmer to do it yourself. Future updates will be able to be loaded on it.

18. Member
    Same issue, two different methods of repairing it. Service centers are no longer replacing boards, so that can be ignored. You can either take it to be reprogrammed or get the USB programmer and do it yourself.

I suggest getting the programmer to do it yourself. Future updates will be able to be loaded on it.
    Thanks Riccochet for the response. Much appreciated. Another question: has anyone experience removing and reinstalling the Katana prop from the Tour Pro?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reddogtx View Post
    Thanks Riccochet for the response. Much appreciated. Another question: has anyone experience removing and reinstalling the Katana prop from the Tour Pro?
    It's held on with a 13mm. Easy as long as you have a socket and ratchet with you.

20. Member
    Mine came today!
    motorguid.jpg

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast