Stratos 294XL w/ 2018 Suzuki 200 prop help

Guys,
    I am having a 2018 200HP Suzuki DF200A installed on my 2007 Stratos 294XL this week. Finding prop information has been awful.
    I called Suzuki and they weren't much help either.
    I have a few Raker or Raker II props (can't remember which one) that I would like to try but was told by a prop guy that the hub length wouldn't allow me to use a cotter pin to secure the nut.
    Another question is for the other components of the prop install. Do I need a special or specific thrust washer for the Raker / Suzuki combo or does the one from my old engine work (07 Etec 200)?
    I would like to try the props I have before I have to shell out some cash for a new prop. I have 3 or 4 Rakers from 26 to 28 pitch.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Member
    I have a Stratos 285 Pro Elite with a 200 four stroke. Your 28 pitch might work. It must fit the gearcase hole of the L/U closely if it bypasses exhaust it will kill your low end by cavitating.

I'm using a 24.5 pitch 3 blade 16" diameter because I got them cheap. I paid less than 1/4 of this price new. Like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/14438677378...sAAOSwINVh8b1F.
    Keep in mind, the diameter is very very important. I could use a little more pitch for top end, but it will do for now. I have a 6 inch setback. My top end is 60 + or - depending on load or weather.
    The prop nut either will or won't allow a cotter pin, there are different thichnesses of the spacer that fits under the nut available from a Suzuki dealer.
    I do use a Whale Tail, it really helped the hole shot and low speed stability.

As an example, if this prop is a 16" diameter it would probably work, if it's 14" it wouldn't.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/26527263539...4AAOSwx6NhHA6w

I would hope your motor comes with a thrust washer. Of course it's critical, depending on the prop, it could let the prop hit the L/U, watch out for this.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 02-25-2022 at 06:02 AM.

3. Member
    I've been doing a good deal of research on Suzuki, as I might go with a 250SS on my new boat. Propping seems to be a common issue. Evidently, the Solas Scorpions have been working well with the 250SS on bass boats. Might be worth some research for your application.

4. Member
    Thanks for the information Bill!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSN671 View Post
    I've been doing a good deal of research on Suzuki, as I might go with a 250SS on my new boat. Propping seems to be a common issue. Evidently, the Solas Scorpions have been working well with the 250SS on bass boats. Might be worth some research for your application.
    10-4. I will check them out!

6. Member
    Just remember, the SS models have a different lower unit gearing than the Standard model and can use a smaller prop.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Just remember, the SS models have a different lower unit gearing than the Standard model and can use a smaller prop.
    10-4

8. Member
    James, did you find a prop that works well with the Suzuki 200? I just had one installed on my Cobra 20ft bass boat and I’m getting ready to break it in. My dealer has a 25 pitch prop on it right now to test out.
    2000 COBRA 201D
    Suzuki 200 4 Stroke

9. Member
    You need to try try a sola scorpion 27P. It bolts right up with a hub kit and can be had around 400$ Guy in my club has been through many props on his non-SS df200 powered 19' Charger. His boats heavy and he's hitting 60. Don't expect more than 60 with these motors. I'm at 58 loaded with my 18' Champ DF175 Solas Scorp 26.
    1990 Champion 184DC/FS
    1990 Evinrude 150XP Raker 22P
    2x HB Helix 9SI
    MK Ultrex 80# Ipilot