2010 TX190, 2 helix 10's at the console.

First off I apologize if this has already been asked as I am new to this group. I have 2 helix 10's and would like to mount them both at mu console. One for mapping and one for SI/DI. I currently have a ram mount on the right side of my console (if your sitting in the drivers seat). I have a few thoughts on what I could do. 1). Build a custom mount to go over the gauge cluster?? 2). Add a other mount such as a swing arm mount to the left side of the console?? Or 3). I open to suggestions from some experience of this group.

Thanks
    Matr

Quote Originally Posted by bwhnt84 View Post
    First off I apologize if this has already been asked as I am new to this group. I have 2 helix 10's and would like to mount them both at mu console. One for mapping and one for SI/DI. I currently have a ram mount on the right side of my console (if your sitting in the drivers seat). I have a few thoughts on what I could do. 1). Build a custom mount to go over the gauge cluster?? 2). Add a other mount such as a swing arm mount to the left side of the console?? Or 3). I open to suggestions from some experience of this group.

Thanks
    Matr
    I'd try to not cover up your gauges keep that open up there. I've seen those set ups, boated all my life. With the graphs stretched across your dash, lights on, there is no way in "H" you can see a log, limb or crab pot coming at you at 45 to 50 mph at night. I run two 7 inch off the right side of the console. If i run two 16s there would still be off to the side. Its not so must a safety thing as it is a common since thing. Those pros get another boat if they tear something up. Use normal folks don't. LOL I'm coastal. We dodge crap pots like a road course here. One on both sides of the console that big (10s) would be a better move but I'm a drag racer and a driver. Why have gauges if your going to cover them up. Never looked good to me. Just my views.
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

3. Member
    I have 2 9" graphs I am going to mount on mine with a ram swing arm mount, and two peices of 3" angle mounted back to back, I will post some pictures when I get it done.

4. Member
    IMG_8408.jpgIMG_8407.jpgIMG_8411.jpg

My Console Set up with a Helix 9 G3N MSI, RAM SWING ARM MOUNT.

I have dual Helix 10 G4n at Bow for mega 360/mega live (These are old pics)

5. Member
    My opinion is dual helix 10 at front, and one graph in the back, unless you have the extra money for dual bow mounts and dual console graphs.

I have no issue on my helix 9 split screening MSI and MDI and/or throw some 2d or lakemaster chart on there.

personal preference tho. I use my console to mark way points, then go right up with mega 360/mega live/MDI and hammer out those waypoints. most of my time is spent at the bow. Yet with the swingarm mount I posted in my reply to this post, I can also pivot my console graph so I can see it on the bow also.

IMG_8408.jpgIMG_8411.jpg

This is how I store it while I transport the boat in the picture below

IMG_8407.jpg

6. Member
    Did you run a heavier gauge wire for the graph on bow to your battery?

7. Member
    12 AWG to the power cord. In-line fuse holder with 4 amp slow blow fuse

8. Member
    Got my 2 9" units mounted with a Ram swing arm and a couple pieces of angle.
    20220302_201643.jpg 20220302_201657.jpg 20220302_201707.jpg

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluda97 View Post
    IMG_8408.jpgIMG_8407.jpgIMG_8411.jpg

My Console Set up with a Helix 9 G3N MSI, RAM SWING ARM MOUNT.

I have dual Helix 10 G4n at Bow for mega 360/mega live (These are old pics)
    I'm assuming you replaced a smaller Lowrance unit. Maybe a 5".

If that is the case, the Lowrance has a hole pattern of 75mm. The swingarm mount has a hole pattern of 2.5". How did you compensate for this different pattern? When you drilled the new holes did they get interference with the old holes and possibly end up larger than you wanted? I'm surprised to see that the old holes do not show a bit from the corners of the ram swingarm mount.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    I'm assuming you replaced a smaller Lowrance unit. Maybe a 5".

If that is the case, the Lowrance has a hole pattern of 75mm. The swingarm mount has a hole pattern of 2.5". How did you compensate for this different pattern? When you drilled the new holes did they get interference with the old holes and possibly end up larger than you wanted? I'm surprised to see that the old holes do not show a bit from the corners of the ram swingarm mount.
    Your overthinking this way too much. Put your mount where you want it, mark the holes and drill them. If it lines up with your old ones fine, if not who cares, drilling holes is how stuff gets mounted.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Got my 2 9" units mounted with a Ram swing arm and a couple pieces of angle.
    20220302_201643.jpg 20220302_201657.jpg 20220302_201707.jpg
    Been pretty satisfied with this mount? Adding another graph to console and I'm going this route if you feel it is worth the effort

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesBoyz2 View Post
    Been pretty satisfied with this mount? Adding another graph to console and I'm going this route if you feel it is worth the effort
    Yes, it has worked great, no issues at all.