Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tracker Lithium Battery Failure

Something is wrong with the bms system on these tracker Relion lithium batteries. I would avoid using them. I'm having major problems.
    Last edited by vegaskid; 02-25-2022 at 10:42 AM.

2. Member
    I don't own a Tracker. Are you saying the brand of battery used is "Tracker"?

I see by the photo that wasn't up apparently they have a Tracker label.

That charger is a true 15 amp per leg expensive unit.

Were both failures in the same leg?
    Last edited by billnorman1; 02-17-2022 at 05:52 AM.

3. Member
    Tracker branded lithiums are I believe made by Relion. Sold by white river group

4. Member
    Wow that stinks! I was looking at those batteries but think I'll pass....

5. Member
    Batteries are connected to professional series quad pro LI charger. Batteries apparently just randomly die and then refuse to charge all while on the tender

6. Member
    20220217_035627.jpg

Here the pro series charger and the death light

7. Member
    I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and see what can be done. I know I'm done with these pos tracker Relion batteries.

8. Member
    I don't recall which leg exactly the last failure was on. They worked fine for 8 months and now two failures in the last two months.

I would suspect the charger. Relion batteries, who makes them for Tracker, have a solid reputation and personally have used them. The Dual Pro charger has gone down hill in recent years IMO.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    Brunswick who owns Mercury bought Relion.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Garmin Force
    8' Raptors

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Get yourself a noco gen pro.. I'd lean more towards a charger issue as 06 SB noted.

Well I'd hook it up to one battery in PARALLEL and see if the bms turns back on leaving you a perfect battery...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Well I'd hook it up to one battery in PARALLEL and see if the bms turns back on leaving you a perfect battery...
    Is this a thing? I've never heard of that. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I do have a Noco lithium single charger as well. I guess I'll play around with it this afternoon. Tournament season starts next weekend.��

14. Member
    I picked one of those noco pro li chargers up when the last battery went out thinking maybe it would charge a dead lithium. It wouldn't. Maybe the parallel trick will work.

It sure appears that the bms has disconnected the battery, let it sit paralleled for a few minutes to give it some charge before putting on the charger.

i would suspect if this works something may be wrong with your charger or maybe you charging habits.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

16. Member
    I'll give it a try. As for my charging habits, I just leave it plugged in 24/7. Is that ok?

17. Member
    It sure appears that the bms has disconnected the battery, let it sit paralleled for a few minutes to give it some charge before putting on the charger.

i would suspect if this works something may be wrong with your charger or maybe you charging habits.
    I read this:
    "When connecting two batteries, it is important to make sure the charge levels are similar (voltages are within 0.3 volt) before connection. If there is a large difference in charge level, high current can flow between the batteries"

Do you think this will be an issue? Definitely one will be full and the other nearly depleted.

18. Member

This is my thought as well considering you don't have any voltage reading. Even if it was "dead" from not charging you would have a voltage reading.
    Fish have fins, they swim

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaskid View Post
    I read this:
    "When connecting two batteries, it is important to make sure the charge levels are similar (voltages are within 0.3 volt) before connection. If there is a large difference in charge level, high current can flow between the batteries"

Do you think this will be an issue? Definitely one will be full and the other nearly depleted.
    The parallel is to "wake up" the battery. If it sees an issue the BMS will trip so no more juice can go in our out. If you look up the fault lights for the charger you may find that the bank with the fault is a "open circuit" fault. Had that happen when a fuse popped on a dual pro unit.

https://www.dualpro.com/faqtrouble-shooting
    Here is the fault code light patterns for that charger
    Fish have fins, they swim

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast