Smartcraft Speedo not working after graph upgrade.

Just had hds live 12 installed on my 2008 Champion 210. Now Speedo sweeps from 0-80 constantly. Prior to the graph install the Speedo would sweep back and forth until the original graph was turn on and the the Speedo would work fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on what needs to be done so the Speedo works when my new graph is on?

2. Member
    The red power cable has 2 cable coming out connector on back of new HDS. One is power cable and the other is nmea-0183. That cable will have 5 wires coming out of it and the yellow wire should be connected to speedometer. On my 08 the yellow wire is connected to a green wire going into a wire loom. If yours used to work that wire should be cut loose if not already connected to the yellow of nmea-0183. You will also have to turn on nmea-0183 output on HDS. Mine is a carbon and on it you go to settings-network-nmea0183 and turn on serial output. Hope that helps

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Ch View Post
    The red power cable has 2 cable coming out connector on back of new HDS. One is power cable and the other is nmea-0183. That cable will have 5 wires coming out of it and the yellow wire should be connected to speedometer. On my 08 the yellow wire is connected to a green wire going into a wire loom. If yours used to work that wire should be cut loose if not already connected to the yellow of nmea-0183. You will also have to turn on nmea-0183 output on HDS. Mine is a carbon and on it you go to settings-network-nmea0183 and turn on serial output. Hope that helps
    Thanks, turned on both and the gauge still sweeps while key is in the accessory position which it may have done previously until the motor started but I’ll see next time I’m out. Otherwise I’m guessing my electronics installer didn’t hook it up. Atleast it sounds fixable.

It is probably simpler than wiring. You may just need to update the GPS speed input.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Ch View Post
    wanted to follow up to say thanks for the help. Took back to the electronics installer and the wiring was corrected and now works as it should.

thanks again.