Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Now are you going to get a fishing boat too?
    Give me a week or two it'll be a fishing machine.
    Former Owner of a 2007 Ranger 180 VS 150 2 Stroke Vmax

2. Member
    Great looking boat! Enjoy it!!
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinoh View Post
    Nice, I would extend the front deck all the way back to the console and have storage underneath.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Get a tri-toon if you ever switch to a toon they just plow threw wakes waves... No water over front...

Looks like a fun boat!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Congrats on the new boat!

I finally got my ranger 223F and love it , loaded it out and for me it's awesome for bass fishing , 200 mercury 4 stroke , ghost tm with 3 lithiums , two live wells and double lowerance units . Not cheap I have $70,000.00 in this boat without a trailer but that includes all options and installs and taxes .

Did you get your boat setup the way you wanted?

I just got a great deal on a 2150 I couldn’t pass up. It came with the fishing package, Kicker stereo system and a bunch of goodies the original owner threw in. I love how wide the boat is and the seating for 11 people. Think she’s going to be a keeper!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Did you get your boat setup the way you wanted?

I just got a great deal on a 2150 I couldn’t pass up. It came with the fishing package, Kicker stereo system and a bunch of goodies the original owner threw in. I love how wide the boat is and the seating for 11 people. Think she’s going to be a keeper!
    Almost done. Terrova 80 60" shaft, batteries and charger are installed and just bought a minn kota DC charger that I need to get installed. I also have to install the Helix 7 I kept from the Ranger.

I didn't get the fishing package on mine so at some point I'll install a butt seat up front, just not high on the list right now, I saved almost $1000 not getting that factory fishing package and got better equipment doing it afterwards.

Overall I'm happy with it, my gripe is that the only dry place on the entire boat is the locker under the sink, and that needs a little weather stripping around the door to make 100%.

What year/motor HP is the one you bought?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boat is a 2019 with a Mercury 150. I was visiting family in Louisiana last week when I saw it listed in Conroe Texas on Marketplace. Luckily I was the first to respond to his ad as he just listed it for sale. Drove to Conroe on Tuesday and looked it over. Took it for a test drive, then we went to my bank and I gave him a cashiers check for $27,000, paid in full the BBC way.

Motor only had 44 hours on it. Pulls good with 5 people so far. Rides well, at least at Conroe and Toledo Bend. Real test will be this weekend on Lake Lanier which is usually an ocean on weekends with boat traffic. Boat was recently serviced and he gave me 10 life jackets, tubes, ropes, paddle and flare gun. I’m happy with the boat and the deal I got as most that I’ve seen for sale are over $40,000. Only complaint I had was filling up the tank on the boat and truck driving back to Georgia. That was expensive!

Also, I have the two front seats that came with the fishing package but I’m going to add another seat pedestal in the middle like the 2150 CC boats.

11. Member
    How do you lay all of your rods up there when you are bass fishing?

How do you lay all of your rods up there when you are bass fishing?
    I don’t fish bass tournaments, I just fish for fun. Even when I had a bass boat and 20 rods in the locker the most I used in a day was maybe 3 to 5 fishing rods. Never did keep fishing poles on the deck in my Bass boat as I hate clutter. Boat has side storage for three rods on the driver side and has a huge ski locker which I could probably put 20 poles in there but I’m not going to. Again I just fish for fun and will also use the boat to hang out with friends and family which is why I love this boat, multipurpose, compared to other boats that I’ve owned in the past that was only good for one thing.

Great looking boat . Awesome layout .

14. Member
    I don’t fish bass tournaments, I just fish for fun. Even when I had a bass boat and 20 rods in the locker the most I used in a day was maybe 3 to 5 fishing rods. Never did keep fishing poles on the deck in my Bass boat as I hate clutter. Boat has side storage for three rods on the driver side and has a huge ski locker which I could probably put 20 poles in there but I’m not going to. Again I just fish for fun and will also use the boat to hang out with friends and family which is why I love this boat, multipurpose, compared to other boats that I’ve owned in the past that was only good for one thing.
    Doesn't matter if you fish tournaments or not, what if you are throwing a buzzbait or spinnerbait, then want to pick up a frog and throw into some grass or pads you just came up on, or pick up a Texas rig to pitch into a lay down, or you see some fish down deep on your graph and want to throw a spoon or drop shot down there? Do you go too the rod locker and change out one rod every time?

Doesn't matter if you fish tournaments or not, what if you are throwing a buzzbait or spinnerbait, then want to pick up a frog and throw into some grass or pads you just came up on, or pick up a Texas rig to pitch into a lay down, or you see some fish down deep on your graph and want to throw a spoon or drop shot down there? Do you go too the rod locker and change out one rod every time?
    Pretty simple, if I was that worried about it I could easily put a rod holder up front since the deck is over 6’ wide. Luckily, knock on wood, I’m still fit and in decent shape so grabbing another rod out of the box in a few seconds doesn’t bother me.

16. Member
    Nice, that is a great price compared to what the used ones have been going for lately.

That center console pic is where I want to put my seat, just need to figure out which base and pedestal to use.

Nice, that is a great price compared to what the used ones have been going for lately.

That center console pic is where I want to put my seat, just need to figure out which base and pedestal to use.
    Bass Pro Shop has the 4x8 pedestal seat base that fits perfectly in the same spot as the CC boats. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

18. Member
    Bass Pro Shop has the 4x8 pedestal seat base that fits perfectly in the same spot as the CC boats. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12