Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Auto Chart, Auto Chart Pro & Auto Chart Live Information Resource

This is a new thread to discuss Humminbird AutoChart products and discuss helpful information.
    The old thread has been archived, and can be found here.
    The old thread was 60 pages, spanning over 9 years from 2013-2022.
    The old thread has been thoroughly reviewed and summarized into just the useful information and FAQ’s, which can be found here. It is still a work in progress, and living document.

AutoChart Product Lineup:
    AutoChart PC/AutoChart Pro PC ($200/$250) AutoChart PC is a computer software program, that allows you to import sonar recordings, hummingbird tracks, and AutoChart Live data. With your saved data, you can edit and manipulate your data to create custom ‘Lakemaster’ style maps. The computer software is helpful for editing out bad data, creating side imaging mosaics, correcting for water level fluctuations, and general post-processing of recorded sonar data. A ZeroLine SD card is included when you purchase the PC software.

AutoChart Live (No Cost, included on ION, ONIX, SOLIX, and all HELIX G2 and newer units) AutoChart Live comes factory installed on your Humminbird depthfinder, and the depthfinder unit is able to create custom maps while on the water. This is an incredible tool for actually mapping an area while on the water, without having to use any computer software at home. There is some limited capability to edit/delete bad data points, and adjust for water level fluctuations, but generally, those functions are better served by using the AutoChart PC computer software. You don't need a ZeroLine SD Card to begin recording a custom map. However, without a ZeroLine SD card, the unit will only save the most recent 8 hrs of data. Beyond that, you start losing data. Most people will want to purchase the ZeroLine SD Card which allows you to save more than 8hrs of map data.

ZeroLine SD Card ($99) The ZeroLine SD card contains shoreline data for thousands of lakes in US & Canada, and there are versions for other countries as well. AutoChart Live is capable of recording 8hrs of data on your head unit without the ZeroLine SD card, but if you want to save more than 8hrs of data, you’ll need to purchase a ZeroLine SD card. Having this card allows you nearly endless mapping storage capability, and becomes your custom ‘Lakemaster’ style mapping chip.

AutoChart Liveshare– Liveshare is a way to share your map survey data with others, and utilize the efforts of others to create social mapping between multiple users. Liveshare allows you and other users to upload sonar recordings to share with everyone, thus creating a group effort for custom mapping various lakes.

AutoChart PC Manuals
    AutoChart - Software Installation Guide
    Instructions on how to install the AutoChart PC Software.

AutoChart - Getting Started Guide
    This is sort of a quick-start guide. Helpful to go through the tutorial steps to get started.

AutoChart - Installation & Operations Guide
    This is the primary manual for AutoChart. It goes more in depth into functions and features of the program.

ZeroLine SD Card - Manual for Using in Your Depthfinder
    This is a manual that contains information about changes you can make on your ZeroLine custom map, on AutoChart compatible Humminbird units.

ZeroLine SD Card - ONIX & Ion Manual
    This is a manual for those of you with a Humminbird ONIX or Ion, and contains information on the additional features of those units.

ZeroLine SD Card - Warning, Do Not Delete Folders

Just a fair warning, do not delete the LkMaster, AC, or SI folders on the ZeroLine SD Card.

AutoChart Tutorials:
    Here are several step-by-step tutorials I put together to hopefully help with learning the program.

AutoChart PC Tutorial: How to Import Data & Create a Map

AutoChart PC Tutorial: How to Remove/Edit Bad Data Points

AutoChart PC Tutorial: How to Create Custom Shoreline DataAutoChart PC: How to Create a Custom Shoreline(Step-by-Step)

AutoChart PC: How to Delete Your Map and Start Over

Humminbird: How to Make Sonar Recordings on Your Humminbird

Humminbird: How to Save and Export Humminbird Tracks on Your Humminbird Unit

AutoChart Background:
    AutoChart was introduced at ICAST in 2013.
    AutoChart PC was first available to purchase in April 2014.
    AutoChart Live was introduced a year or two later as they added this capability to new depthfinder units.

Last edited by SLYDoggie; 04-02-2022 at 05:16 PM.

2. Member
    User examples
    Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-07-2022 at 12:39 PM.

3. Member
    Humminbird Website FAQ's
    AutoChart PC FAQ's
    1.) How do I create a map in AutoChart PC?
    2.) How do I Create a Chart File Index in AutoChart PC?
    3.) How do I set the background map in AutoChart?
    4.) Error message while loading AutoChart PC to my windows computer. "Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access". I have admin rights to my PC what should I do?
    5.) How do I completely remove AutoChart PC from my computer so I can do a reinstall of the program?
    6.) I own AutoChart PC software. Can AutoChart PC be used with AutoChart LiveShare?
    7.) Do I need AutoChart PC to be able to use AutoChart Live?
    8.) Why can't I find the tutorial on AutoChart?
    9.) Can I have AutoChart Live data and AutoChart PC map or overlay data on my ZeroLine Card at the same time?
    10.) I own your AutoChart PC program and I am going to be changing to a new computer. I have already used both of my license, what can I do?
    11.) Can I use AutoChart or AutoChart Pro if my lake is not on the ZeroLine Card?
    12.) What changes were included in Software Version 2.100 for AutoChart and AutoChart Pro?
    13.) My AutoChart Activation Key does not work. What should I do?
    14.) What are the LkMaster, AC, and SI folders on the ZeroLine Card?
    15.) How to free up an AutoChart PC or AutoChart Pro license

AutoChart Live FAQ's
    1.) Do I need AutoChart PC to be able to use AutoChart Live?
    2.) Can I view both AutoChart Live and Humminbird LakeMaster data on my unit at the same time?
    3.) Can I have AutoChart Live data and AutoChart PC map or overlay data on my ZeroLine Card at the same time?
    4.) Can AutoChart Live data be recorded using 360 Imaging?
    5.) If my friend has a ZeroLine Card can I copy AutoChart Live data from my ZeroLine Card to his ZeroLine Card?
    6.) I just completed surveying a new area of my lake and it would not fit inside of the current custom map. What should I do?
    7.) If AutoChart Live data is recorded without a ZeroLine Card inserted will the data be transferred to the ZeroLine Card once it is inserted?
    8.) Tell me more about the 8 hours of data for the AutoChart Live feature on select Humminbird products.
    9.) At what speeds can AutoChart Live data be collected?

AutoChart LiveShare FAQ's
    1.) Will AutoChart LiveShare data allow me to use exclusive LakeMaster features such as follow the contour, lake level offset, and depth and shallow water highlight?
    2.) Can I upload Trails to AutoChart LiveShare that came from an older, non-AutoChart Live compatible Humminbird fish finder?
    3.) Can I upload Humminbird record files (.son/.dat) to AutoChart LiveShare?
    4.) How do I unzip a map file I downloaded from the AutoChart LiveShare site?
    5.) Can I upload AutoChart Live Bottom Hardness and Vegetation information to AutoChart LiveShare?
    6.) How do I know if I am uploading the same AutoChart Live data to the website? Will it affect the map?
    7.) What is the difference between the Auto and Manual delete tool within AutoChart LiveShare?
    8.) Can I edit AutoChart LiveShare community charts if I see an error in the map?
    9.) Is there a “Private Option” for the AutoChart LiveShare program? I noticed that all data I upload Is automatically contributed to the AutoChart LiveShare service.
    10.) I own AutoChart PC software. Can AutoChart PC be used with AutoChart LiveShare?
    11.) I do not own an AutoChart ZeroLine map card. How can I begin using the AutoChart LiveShare service?
    12.) Why don’t I see the menus for LiveShare on my Humminbird fish finder even though I have downloaded AutoChart LiveShare data to a ZeroLine card?
    13.) Will AutoChart LiveShare work with my Humminbird fish finder?

Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-07-2022 at 12:47 PM.

4. Member
    Commercial

Commercial

Benefits of AutoChart Live – Keith Combs

How to Use AutoChart Live on a Humminbird Helix

Locating Weed Lines with AutoChart Live

Adjust the Color Palette for AutoChart Live Maps

Using AutoChart Live map to ‘Follow the Contour’

Using AutoChart Live to map Bottom Hardness and Vegetation Layer

Using AutoChart Live to Create a Map

HELIX: How to use AutoChart Live

HELIX: How to Use AutoChart Live Custom Mapping

HELIX: How to use Chart Overlay

HELIX: How to Show or Hide Contour Lines

HELIX: AutoChart Live Range + Custom Colors

Day in the Life of a Lake Map Surveyor

Quick Tip – Shallow Water Highlight

Quick Tip – Water Level Offset

Using Depth Highlight

How and When to Use Lakemaster Depth Highlight

Using Water Level Offset to Adjust for Fluctuating Lake Levels

Adjusting your Humminbird for Changes in Water Level

Custom Mapping with AutoChart PC Program
    Oct 2014 - Maple Leaf Lake Conservation Area, Missouri
    Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-07-2022 at 01:02 PM.

5. Member
    ZeroLines SD Card and Why

Video shows how to Delete Bad Data point on Helix unit with AutoChart Live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8o5lGOWuN0

Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-07-2022 at 05:25 PM.

6. Member
    Placeholder 2 for Future Additions to Thread.

7. Member
    Placeholder 3 for Future Additions to Thread.

8. Member
    Placeholder 4 for Future Additions to Thread.

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Holey Moley Batman... This is an awesome resource update. Thanks for getting this updated and organized CamoHunter!!!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

10. Member
    Thank you very much for your work!!
    Just to clarify, Helix Gen2 has it factory installed and maybe Ion and Onix, are there other units as well?
    Excellent resource!
    Last edited by CamoHunter; 02-08-2022 at 08:31 AM.

11. Member
    Honestly i bought this program when i bought my new boat. The lake i want to map is pretty good size. It would take forever to do if i just went out and tried mapping the lake in a few settings. Anyway i did two different maps and then tried to bring them into one but no luck. How do i bring different recordings over the course of one year into one map.

12. Member
    olecrosseyes, correct. Ion, Onix, Solix, and all Helix G2 and NEWER units.
    goose_716, are you asking about combining maps in AutoChart Live, or AutoChart PC? I'm assuming AutoChart PC since you said you bought the program. Follow the tutorial 'How to Create a Map'. Basically you import ALL recordings, and build the map.

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Good work Mike!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

14. Member

Thank You

Thanks for doing this! I'm looking forward to trying it all out

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHunter View Post
    olecrosseyes, correct. Ion, Onix, Solix, and all Helix G2 and NEWER units.
    goose_716, are you asking about combining maps in AutoChart Live, or AutoChart PC? I'm assuming AutoChart PC since you said you bought the program. Follow the tutorial 'How to Create a Map'. Basically you import ALL recordings, and build the map.
    A huge Thank You to CamoHunter!! This and YOU are truly the best resource for anything AutoChart!! I have referenced it for years! I'm happy to see it condensed.
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

16. Member
    Okay i have mapped a portion of a local lake on a General SD disk brought it home put in computer was able to make a map with autochart pro. I was pretty excited. Inserted autochart zero-lines card in computer and was able to click on Lakemaster update. All of the popups were as indicated in all of the directions. So i went to boat and inserted card. Nothing zip. I did have original lakemaster western region in slot one and zero lines card in slot two. Very disappointed in this program not very user friendly. I have had this program since 2017 honestly have never been able to get it to show anything. I was excited i got map on computer but once again disappointed no map on Helix. If someone could help i would really appreciate it.

17. Member
    goose_716 - Did everything correct to create his map and get it to his ZLC. The missing step was later on his Helix, he needed to go to the Menu --> HB Chart --> and change the Base Layer to AutoChart to get his map to display.

18. Member

Question Confused about making/filing separate maps for multiple lakes

Not clear what are the proper/correct steps for creating, saving, file-naming a new map for each lake.
    After making two lake maps, I found a subfolder also titled AC was automatically inserted under the main AC folder.

Am I permitted to rename .acu and .acd files by adding the lake name onto its automatic date stamp filename so I can recognize to which lake it pertains?

Although I haven't yet gone back to a lake to use the AC map on my HELIX, I'm assuming the zero line card will act like a Navionics card an automatically know which lake I'm on, and I just select AC for my base layer and overlay for it to display my map.

Quote Originally Posted by Retire2fish View Post
    Not clear what are the proper/correct steps for creating, saving, file-naming a new map for each lake.
    After making two lake maps, I found a subfolder also titled AC was automatically inserted under the main AC folder.

Am I permitted to rename .acu and .acd files by adding the lake name onto its automatic date stamp filename so I can recognize to which lake it pertains?

Although I haven't yet gone back to a lake to use the AC map on my HELIX, I'm assuming the zero line card will act like a Navionics card an automatically know which lake I'm on, and I just select AC for my base layer and overlay for it to display my map.

The units do not "find" a lake you are on. GPS shows your location, maps are just a background on the Chart View and if a body of water is on the map you are using, it will be displayed when you are there.

An Auto Chart Live map (ACU) is overlayed on any background mapping you use=makes no difference what that is. You can control the transparency of the ACL to see the map beneath it. Auto Chart Live can be in the unit's memory without a Zero Line card or transferred to a Zero Line Card or written directly to a Zero Line Card.

Auto Chart
    maps created via the computer softwares Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro are read as a regular map card (Lakemaster or Navioncs) and is a primary map. Don't know what the file extension on those are--don't use the computer software.
    The file types are different between Auto Chart Live and Auto Chart. Either or both can be on the same Zero Line Card.

You can also have (ACS) files if you downloaded Auto Chart LiveShare maps. Those would be an overlay map also.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Hi Wayne,
    Just now logging back in...thank you for sharing this info. Going fishing tomorrow, and will be getting some more data.

Best regards,
    Ash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast