Thread: Livescanner

Livescanner

Has anyone had a chance to try a Livescanner Truscan?

2. Member
    In my opinion, best electronic transducer mount on the market. I have been running LIVESCANNER for two years now without issues. Adjustable up/down, variable speed, foot peddle and remote operated, swing mount to rotate out of the way so you can install your boat cover. Check out my YouTube channel, several videos on the LIVESCANNER.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

3. Member
    Have had mine a year and i love it!!
    Dont spend the extra for the variable speed etc, dont see it being worth the money
    the Regular one works great

4. Member
    Received mine about 2 weeks ago and had some issues out of the box. The head is 3-D printed and the threads were bad on the wiring opening. Received the wrong mount and had to pay to return it in order to get the correct mount. Got it on and loved the concept, but concerned about being water tight due to the thread issue. Once in use I had to unplug the remote because it was heating up. used the unit for several hours and it worked great. Next day in a tournament, foggy damp day, the unit stopped working. Told there were no refunds and I had to pay to ship back for repairs. Have left VM and text messages with no reply. Apparently if you have no problems you are OK, but just hope you never have a problem. It is a shame because the couple hours I used it I loved it. It was great having my Active Target off the trolling motor shaft.

5. Member
    I have the Livescanner Pro. Wireless remote, Ultrex swing mount and extended wiring.

It worked fine until the transducer started to swing on its on when the underway or pulling the trolling motor up. It may be an easy fix but I took it off when I upgraded to the TargetLock. I now run the MegaLive and LiveScope transducer at the same time and the LiveScanner collects dust.

6. Member
    I got one and it worked fine for awhile. Head started swinging loosely and they sent me the parts to repair, which was no big deal. Worked a few weeks and gears in the motor stripped out or something. Nice concept but cheaply made imo. Took it off and it's collecting dust now.

7. Banned
    At the pricing I've seen, the damn thing should work flawlessly.

8. Member
    Ahhhh the battle of battleship mounts. The rush to get units on the market, certainly takes it's toll. I have a rite-hite that I am satisfied with. I'm SURE, I'll get a chance to purchase another BSM with my fishing habits. I'll give it some use, hook a few stumps, run it aground and just generally use it to death. I do have a BFE stabilizer that helps. These units will continue to develop, I really like the concept of target lock.