How long would a 12.0ah tool battery power my black box? Thanks
    17.1 hours according to Amped Outdoors

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerman View Post
    How long would a 12.0ah tool battery power my black box? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    17.1 hours according to Amped Outdoors
    Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but the black box draws .75 amps...12ah/.75=16 hours

To the OP per the chart on Amped Outdoors the black box is not the big power consuming component of Livescope. The black box only draws .75 amps and the amp draw of the head unit varies pending the size and type of unit. For example some head units that are capable of live scope are a little over 1 amp draw and some will be in the 2.5 range. If you were to wire the head unit as well as the black box a 12ah battery and together and their load was 3ah your down to 3 hours run time. 12ah/3amps =3 hours. Most people I read about running drill batteries are getting 3-4 hours out of a battery so this supports the theory they are powering the black box as well as the head unit off a drill battery. If going that route I totally understand but here is an alternative that may or may not appeal to you...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1161330...read through all the replies.

4. Member
    I run the 32amp hr it last a couple 8 hour days and I can tell u when it dies you'll be lost but I also run my 1222 off it too