Two Thumbs Up For Mercury Vessel View customer support

2022 250HP ProXs S/N 3B093541
    I've had Vessel View Mobile installed for about 4 months. It's worked fine with my Samsung phone.
    I got a new Motorola phone and it would not connect to the vvm module. tried a friends LG phone and it also
    wouldn't connect. I sent customer support an email. To make this story short we've been working on the issue for 3 days.
    We did everything they could think of and they stayed with the issue. They didn't just give up and say it's your phone good luck.
    This morning they decided to send me a new module to try even though none of us believed it was the module.
    So I started playing around with every option on the phone whether it had anything to do with Bluetooth or not.
    It makes no sense to me or them but I turned on location and "boom" it worked. Turn off location and no good.
    Location back on and works perfect. I tried the LG phone and after turning location on it also worked.
    Problem solved. Hopefully this will help somebody else.
    But the moral of the story is customer support really did an excellent job with ideas and communication.
    It wasn't just email, they called me on the phone. A real live person. They were not giving up.
    Now that's GREAT customer service.

2. Member
    Same story w/ me a couple years ago. Mercury was great….new module works great!
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I've added this to the FAQ Section.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffytilly View Post
    2022 250HP ProXs S/N 3B093541
    I've had Vessel View Mobile installed for about 4 months. It's worked fine with my Samsung phone.
    I got a new Motorola phone and it would not connect to the vvm module. tried a friends LG phone and it also
    wouldn't connect. I sent customer support an email. To make this story short we've been working on the issue for 3 days.
    We did everything they could think of and they stayed with the issue. They didn't just give up and say it's your phone good luck.
    This morning they decided to send me a new module to try even though none of us believed it was the module.
    So I started playing around with every option on the phone whether it had anything to do with Bluetooth or not.
    It makes no sense to me or them but I turned on location and "boom" it worked. Turn off location and no good.
    Location back on and works perfect. I tried the LG phone and after turning location on it also worked.
    Problem solved. Hopefully this will help somebody else.
    But the moral of the story is customer support really did an excellent job with ideas and communication.
    It wasn't just email, they called me on the phone. A real live person. They were not giving up.
    Now that's GREAT customer service.
    I got a gift package from Mercury customer support today for working with them on the VVM problem. Pretty Cool of them.
    20220202_133501.jpg

20220202_133531.jpg

5. Member
    THANK YOU! Mine worked for a couple months and then just quit. I have been messing with it for months with no success. Turned on location and fired right up!
    Pool 10

6. Member
    So what number did you call to get that service?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyefd View Post
    So what number did you call to get that service?
    Start at this email address. (outboard.customer.assistance@mercmarine.com)
    Someone will contact you back. You can then go from there.

8. Member
    I called Mercury Marine at 920 929-5040 and the tech solved the problem with my Vessel View Mobile. The tech was excellent.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

9. Member
    When you say you turned on Location Services, do you mean within the Vesselview app itself? I have it currently set to “one when using app” but had all sorts of connectivity issues yesterday on my first outing with my Ranger that has the VV installed on the motor. I’ve got an iPhone 13.

does the app’s location setting need to be “always on” instead of “only when using”?
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Try it and see how it does.

May also be related to where your VVM is mounted. There's a post in the FAQ section with suggested routing/mounting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
    When you say you turned on Location Services, do you mean within the Vesselview app itself? I have it currently set to “one when using app” but had all sorts of connectivity issues yesterday on my first outing with my Ranger that has the VV installed on the motor. I’ve got an iPhone 13.

does the app’s location setting need to be “always on” instead of “only when using”?
    Just turn on "location" in the phone before you start the application. The app will see that and load correctly. If you're having connection issues it's probably the placement of the VVM module on the engine.
    When you're finished for the day you can turn "location" off on the phone if you don't use it for anything else.

12. Member
    Thx. Will try this on Thursday.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559