Dealer changing the way my boat was rigged

My boat has a 300R, it has power steering, the cranking battery was mounted on the far right side of the bilge ( starboard ) then the power steering pump was next to it, so if for some reason you had to replace battery or even get to it you would have to remove the power steering pump, so the dealer swapped them around, not sure if this was an oversight by the factory or what. They did not have any problem flush mounting my Lowrance HDS 16 Live at the bow. They should have boat ready today but it will be next week before i am able to go pick her up, have a dang tourney tomorrow, about to leave out here in a couple of hours.

2. Member
    It's nice to have a good dealer looking out for you for sure. Your boat isn't one they rig every day but i am sure they will get the hang of it. Good luck tomorrow in your derby!!

3. Member
    This is very common, but I see it with the chargers versus the steering pump,

We have moved a couple, but most people would rather remove a couple screws holding the charger down to access their cranking battery and keep it out of the way, rather than move it over and lose space.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    It's nice to have a good dealer looking out for you for sure. Your boat isn't one they rig every day but i am sure they will get the hang of it. Good luck tomorrow in your derby!!
    Well the derby did not go so well, we did manage to catch 8 fish, they were nice fish, 16 inch to 17 3/4 inch, problem is the lake has an 18 inch min. Post front, blue bird day, it was 31 degrees this morning at take off, that is too cold for me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Well the derby did not go so well, we did manage to catch 8 fish, they were nice fish, 16 inch to 17 3/4 inch, problem is the lake has an 18 inch min. Post front, blue bird day, it was 31 degrees this morning at take off, that is too cold for me.
    That new Caymas would probably be good for two more 6 pounders first time out

6. Member
    I'm waiting to hear what that cool boat runs?

And since both Rodney and HK have prior experience with a Triton 21hp, what should my 2010 with a 2020 300proxs run with a tempest plus 26, fury 4 25 and fury 4 24, all worked over by Croxton?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    I'm waiting to hear what that cool boat runs?

And since both Rodney and HK have prior experience with a Triton 21hp, what should my 2010 with a 2020 300proxs run with a tempest plus 26, fury 4 25 and fury 4 24, all worked over by Croxton?
    My son has my old boat, 2017 Triton 21TRX, it has a 300pro xs on it, he has a 26 Fury on it right now, he has had the boat to 81 mph, he thinks he could get 83 out of it with the right conditions and prop. I think that Tempest may be your best prop for that boat if you are looking for top speed, hold on !

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    My son has my old boat, 2017 Triton 21TRX, it has a 300pro xs on it, he has a 26 Fury on it right now, he has had the boat to 81 mph, he thinks he could get 83 out of it with the right conditions and prop. I think that Tempest may be your best prop for that boat if you are looking for top speed, hold on !
    Only boat i ever had with a 300 was a TR22, rode great, top end was right there about 80 mph but my engine didn't have the power or speed of these 300 R engines. I am thinking Roger may very well be in the 83-mph range after he gets done setting it up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Only boat i ever had with a 300 was a TR22, rode great, top end was right there about 80 mph but my engine didn't have the power or speed of these 300 R engines. I am thinking Roger may very well be in the 83-mph range after he gets done setting it up.
    Been out in the barn tinkering with setting up the graphs, I do have my life jackets and rain suit in the boat, no tackle yet, pretty sure i will get her on the water a couple of times in the next few days, will report back, sure hope she is an 80 mph boat. Not that i need to run that fast but just to say I can.

11. Member
    My brother swapped this 300 proxs off his VX21 and between a new 300r and a hyd jp picked up over 5mph, getting it over 77 mph.

This 21hp is my last boat but as I wind up the biz in the next year or so, hope to be able to fish more and him making me a deal on it as well as putting a new ghost tm and a 36v lithium and charger on mine he's done me a huge favor. Looking forward to see how it runs. I used the 4 blade props on my former TR196 with a 200 and a little on this boat with the former 2s 250 and loved the better holeshot as well as control in rough water, but the best imo was quite a bit better fuel economy over a 3 blade.

Looking forward to what the boat will do with 130lbs less weight and 45+hp. Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by dbs1; 02-06-2022 at 11:02 PM.