Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    No other brand needed. Would not own a boat without it. This is my first one and it it’s awesome.

2. Member
    It's a great product especially on my Stratos with the double stepped hull HOWEVER, it can fail to completely close if the metal piece inside the control bends. I turn mine to full close and check it by feeling, I have to push it manually the last 1/8 of an inch most times. Overall, it's still a good item especially for an older person.

5 seasons and works great. Throw some lube on it every couple months.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Did not have one on my last boat, sure missed it, new boat has one.

5. Member
    I've had several come through my shop where the levers on them had broken off and you had to use pliers to operate them. Others you still had to get under the boat and push it all the way in to seal. Nice concept but I'll stick with a manual plug.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    I've had several come through my shop where the levers on them had broken off and you had to use pliers to operate them. Others you still had to get under the boat and push it all the way in to seal. Nice concept but I'll stick with a manual plug.
    Then either the installation was wrong, the plug wasn't lubed, or as soon as there was a problem, they tried to force it. Both of mine were/are so smooth, a child could close it and open it fully.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Then either the installation was wrong, the plug wasn't lubed, or as soon as there was a problem, they tried to force it. Both of mine were/are so smooth, a child could close it and open it fully.
    If mine went in and out that easily I wouldn't feel confident it was keeping water out. lol

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend266 View Post
    I’m personally not a huge fan, I usually twist it pretty hard, and then always able to push it in with my finger another 1/4 inch, and always have to keep needle nose pliers to pull it back out. I’m 31 years old so it’s not a hassle for me to crawl down there and push it in further while I’m unbuckling the boat from the trailer.
    Who over installed it got the cable a smidge to long. That can be fixed pretty easy.
    Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    I have one in my 521C works great so at the age of 57 I will be adding this to my 04 521 no need to keep getting down there when I can just twist a lever. 25 years ago it was nothing to just get down there and screw plug in but not as easy anymore.
    I don't have one I'm 62 and no problem crawling under.
    2012 Ranger Z518
    Motor Info:
    200 XS
    Serial number 1B882317
    Model number 1200P73EY

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend266 View Post
    If mine went in and out that easily I wouldn't feel confident it was keeping water out. lol
    Bilge stays bone dry. The only time I get any water in there is when the ice in the cooler melts.

Quote Originally Posted by 518RangerJeff View Post
    I don't have one I'm 62 and no problem crawling under.
    You're still a puppy. When you hit your seventies, let us know how easy it is then.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Love mine, no issues.
    Reading some of these replies makes think there were some bad install jobs done.

Love mine, no more head bumping. When I open it after a long day on water NO water comes out.
    Ranger
    2016 Z119c DC
    225 OptiMax Pro XS
    Lowrance Ghost TM

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    Who over installed it got the cable a smidge to long. That can be fixed pretty easy.
    The cables come with a nonadjustable, fixed length cable. It is either working. Or manufactured poorly.

15. Member
    I have a 93 492V and I bought one hoping to try it out but it will not fit in the sleeve that my plug goes in.
    Anyone run into this

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    The cables come with a nonadjustable, fixed length cable. It is either working. Or manufactured poorly.
    Inside the control end the cable sheath is held by a rather thin piece of aluminum which will bend under stress. Once it bends the plug will not fully seat. You can, however, push it the last 1/8 of an inch with your hand. Still easier than trying to put a plug in my Stratos with a double stepped hull.

I love mine !! At 75 and with bad knees, it's accessory I really need. I put some O ring lube I get from the Pool Supply every couple months and It's good to go. I wasn't wanting to make a 2" hole in the boat so I got a Trailer Plug Mounting Bracket at Auto Zone for $10 and mounted it in the bilge just below the lid. Easy to get to, I just made a big wide loop with the cable and works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

18. Member
    My new boat came with one and it is convenient. But not a big deal to me, I could live with a manual plug just fine. But I'm old school and don't have power poles and 5 fish finders.

19. Member
    Wouldn’t be without one. You can over do it and stretch the cable or break the knob. Just turn it till it gets tight and then a little more till you fill a click when the print seats. Sometimes a little silicone or grease around the Oring is needed to help it click into place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12