Map Orientation Issue

I have 3 Helix units. A 9 G3N MDI+, and a 10 G4N MDI+ on the bow with a 112 Ultrex iPilot Link. My console unit is a 10 G3N MSI+. Obviously I have an ethernet hub too. There is no external puck other than the heading sensor for the Ultrex. The bow units use the position and heading from the Ultrex and set to heading up for the map. The console unit uses its internal GPS and map is set to course up. I have zero issues with the bow units. Everything is updated per the book. I put the units I am not using in standby…if I am fishing then the console unit is in standby. If I am running, the bow units are in standby. All power for my units, M360, mLive and hub is run straight to the battery on its own harness.

My console unit will initially display correct map orientation to the boats course but after fishing an area, its orientation will be off by 90-180 or some random amount. The boat icon is correct in relation to the map but not the actual direction of the boat. It does not fix itself. It must be shutdown and restarted then it will work properly until I stop to fish. I have tried leaving the unit on while fishing and it still looses it orientation.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Member
    Yeah it's been like that for awhile.
    Restarting is the only workaround.
    It's fine the first part of the day but somewhere along the way it screws up.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

Bringing this back to the top as I have gone back and forth with HB on it. I also volunteered to bring it to their facility on Lake Eufaula, which they declined. I did every video they asked while I disconnected everything on camera. I have never yelled or threatened anything other than frustration that I want it fixed. Finally they asked me to send it in. I did not have much hope…maybe a waived repair fee, but assumed I would get my unit back without a fix and would have to continue deal with it. Today I received a brand new Helix 10 MSI+ G4N CHO. Frankly, I was considering moving over to Garmin but I do love the mapping, SI, and M360 plus the Link between my other Helix and the Ultrex so I think I will be staying for a while.

THANKS HUMMINBIRD!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Bringing this back to the top as I have gone back and forth with HB on it. I also volunteered to bring it to their facility on Lake Eufaula, which they declined. I did every video they asked while I disconnected everything on camera. I have never yelled or threatened anything other than frustration that I want it fixed. Finally they asked me to send it in. I did not have much hope…maybe a waived repair fee, but assumed I would get my unit back without a fix and would have to continue deal with it. Today I received a brand new Helix 10 MSI+ G4N CHO. Frankly, I was considering moving over to Garmin but I do love the mapping, SI, and M360 plus the Link between my other Helix and the Ultrex so I think I will be staying for a while.

THANKS HUMMINBIRD!
    SOOO, you actually had a bad unit, and they replaced a G3 with a G4??

Correct.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal