Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We would think this is a Four Stroke and if so, then a 24 Fury is the suggested wheel. You can run a Bravo also and keeping the plate lower might not be the best ride in mid range water. Play with it some, and low should be better, though not always.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We would think this is a Four Stroke and if so, then a 24 Fury is the suggested wheel. You can run a Bravo also and keeping the plate lower might not be the best ride in mid range water. Play with it some, and low should be better, though not always.
    Yes, 4 stroke. I have a 24 fury 3 I can put on it. It's recently had a few small dings taken out but not by Ronnie Gilbert.

Can changing 1 pitch in prop really make that much of a difference?
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    Yes, 4 stroke. I have a 24 fury 3 I can put on it. It's recently had a few small dings taken out but not by Ronnie Gilbert.

Can changing 1 pitch in prop really make that much of a difference?
    I'm not far from you. I have a 26 Bravo you would be welcome to try.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

The right engine height and changing one pitch can make a lot of difference. Also the propeller can make all the difference, more than one can imagine. We prefer factory uncut propellers as we know what those generally are. Each prop, engine and hull is its own unique product, just like some vehicles get good or bad fuel mileage, when all others are average between them. Finding the right combo can make a big difference and that might even mean dropping to a 23” Fury, or changing to a Bravo, or a Fury 4. You mention speed is not your concern and all of these may sacrifice performance. Also don’t over trim and keep the bow lower. This is a common mistake people make.

This hull performs as a very dry ride. If your hull chases or is not dry on rough water, then the propeller is not working well with your unique package. We again do not ever suggest a 25” Fury on a 250 Pro XS 4 stroke.

We do feel it [25”) probably was to get you on the water during CoVid, unless you requested a 25”, as Mercury propellers are in extreme short supply. The Fury propeller lines are still producting all they can and running about 120%. They simply can not keep up and they’ve added different production lines, with injection and automated cutting and buffing processes, for the newer engines (V10 and V12) lines propellers and offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

5. Member
    I’ve owned an Eyra, Caracal, Jaguar STS, and a Puma STS.
    The Jag is a big heavy boat and it absorbs stuff that others won’t. Having said that I think the Puma STS is the best of those 4 in erratic rough water. The reason is that it’s big and has some weight but nimble enough that you can manipulate the nose and move the boat to stay in good position. I really liked the Eyra in these situations as well but its lighter weight worked against it from an impact standpoint. In wind driven wake the Jag will stroll along smoothly and excels. Hope that all makes sense.

***just realized I was replying to an old thread!***. As for the question at hand I really prefer a four blade in big rough water. Mike (Blue Steel) made an off that you might consider. My wife who is more ride sensitive (read doesn’t like rough water) called me out one time for switching from my Bravo to a Fury 3 blade saying my boat road really rough with the 3 blade.
    Last edited by Limbhanger51; 06-04-2023 at 12:07 AM.

6. Member
    Nothing beats the STS hulls!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12