2007 Mercury ProXS 225 Lower Unit *WTB*

Hello BBC!

I am currently looking for a mercury torquemaster gen 1 20" 1.75:1 Lower unit for my 2007 Merc 225 ProXS - Serial # 1B458857. Mine blew out on me a few weeks back and after unsuccessfully ordering a "Re-man" from ebay, I would like to buy a reman/refurb from someone reputable that I can speak with. I am located in Southern California.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by stephhenwayne; 01-06-2022 at 04:02 PM.

2. Member
    yea those usually dont work out to sporty , welcome to BBC , please use ser number for forums also for accurate info , you looking for new/ used / reman ,there is a wanted forum on down the list . good luck JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Stephen- check out Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum. Drop her an email for Parts Assistance.

Just to clarify, Mercury does not offer a "reman" Gen-1 Torquemaster. At one time they had to CPO gearcases, but those are long-gone. NEW, repair existing one, or find a good used one are the options I would recommend considering.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I've been awaiting new lower unit since Oct. Silver torque master. $7154.33 dollars. Plus shipping with replacement /fuel rail leak and labor $9382.38 out the door.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleman55 View Post
    I've been awaiting new lower unit since Oct. Silver torque master. $7154.33 dollars. Plus shipping with replacement /fuel rail leak and labor $9382.38 out the door.
    Ouch! Did you end up ordering a brand new one from merc?

6. Member
    ESTIMATED AVAILIBLITY for GEN 1 TM 8m0072952 is FEB/03/22
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    I think I would just get a Verado lower and be done.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    I ordered one with Joe. Saved a ton of money. Well worth it
    2021 Ranger Z520L Mercury 250 ProXS
    2007 Ranger Z20 Mercury 225 ProXS

I also like to race...

9. Member
    Yes, Reason was I want to keep OEM didn't want any Japan or China knock offs

10. Member
    Pm sent
    GOT'EM