Thread: Lake Murray

Lake Murray

Headed to lake Murray area for friends wedding next Sunday to Sunday. Carrying the boat. Any advice on bass fishing. Coming from N.C. Never fished the lake.

2. Member
    No one wants to share any info. I’m at Murray all week

3. Member
    Tough right now. Fish are suspending around the cane piles. FFS is the best bite never let the bait get under the fish keep the bait over there heads they may hit it. Some top water and flukes are working mainly IMA skimmers and buzzbaits. Down the lake you can forget a bottom bit the grass wont allow. Few fish have been caught in the grass but its is dying and the fish are leaving it unless you can find some that isnt dying. On a calmer day I would advise riding around in the morning looking for the stripers schooling its that time of year where the lake will erupt with them. Ive had days catching 100 on top water. When they finish schooling the LM will come in and pick up the scraps. good luck!!!!

4. Member
    Yep do what he said fish points, hump, I'm seeing plenty but there smart real smart they get pressured everyday .best advice keep moving if catch one might have to move for you done smartened up that school and you could do some deeper outside docks and stuff with a drop shot

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FALCONflyer200 View Post
    Down the lake you can forget a bottom bit the grass wont allow. Few fish have been caught in the grass but its is dying and the fish are leaving it unless you can find some that isnt dying.
    I haven’t been to Murray since the early 90’s. By “grass”, do you mean hydrilla? Didn’t know it was back.

6. Member
    No hydrilla might see a little way up the river

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    I haven’t been to Murray since the early 90’s. By “grass”, do you mean hydrilla? Didn’t know it was back.
    No none left they killed it all. Im not sure of the name of it but it is unfishable unless over the top. Once A weight touches it its covered in grass.