Thread: Vmax surging

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Glad you got it sorted out. You'll probably have years of trouble free enjoyment form her now.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot17 View Post
    It’s about time. Got it running top notch! After getting it back from the mechanic I thought he solved the problem and he did to a certain point except for the issue I was explaining over the last few posts. Being that he replaced the bottom carb with a brand new one, I decided to pull the top 2 carbs and rebuild them. Tore both down and put them in an ultrasonic cleaner again, new needle valves, gaskets,etc. Even replaced the main fuel jets. Took it to the lake today to test it out and it didn’t miss a beat all day! Held 5800 rpm consistently. I’m so happy.

One thing I will say is that there was a single brass screw on the side of each carburetor that was missing a gasket, which came with the rebuild kit. What that the screw is for I’m not sure and not positive exactly what it was that truly fixed it but it was without a doubt some type of issue within those two carbs. Thank you to everyone that helped me and gave me some insightful information.
    Damn carbs can be ultra sensitive at times! Glad you got it squared away man!

3. Member
    Thankyou cwilt and smallie hawgin! Although I was extremely frustrated for a while, I’m ecstatic she runs beautifully now. Purrs like a kitten idling and runs like a top at WOT. Patience and trial and error paid off.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345