1988 procraft 1780 bass won't get out of the hole to plane

Title says it all I've got a yamaha 130etlg with the factory propeller which has always worked great! There isn't any damage on it either. I have gone thru the entire fuel system as well. I dont know what to do and any thoughts would be great. She's not bogging at all just won't go into that higher gear/out onto plane...

2. Member
    check where the shift/throttle cable are held in place under the cowl. I had a Yamaha where the clip that holds them in place broke. The shift cable was on the bottom and stayed in place but the throttle didn't.

3. Member
    Make sure you are getting full throttle like ww 4fish said,then check the compression to make sure it’s making full power.Report back.

4. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Thanks guys! Def waiting till this weekend when I've got better temps !

Also check, engine is running good and reaching WOT, you didn’t spin a hub on prop, boat isn’t waterlogged due to bad transom, etc.