Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X21 Pro with 200hp flashed to 300hp

Hello everyone. I recently flashed my SHO and now I would like to give you comparisons so far and get opinions on a different prop to try.

200hp with a 25p Turbo FXP ran about 62mph around 5500 rpms. Not bad.

300hp with same prop runs 3/4 throttle at 6,000 rpms going 70mph. My rev limiter is set to 6200 rpms but I don't like to push it to that. I would like to stay around 5900/6000 rpms maxed out if possible. Thinking of trying a trophy or SHO prop next. Boat does bounce until I get the motor up some with the hydraulic jack plate. Winds were a bit much today and running it in a small bayou made me hold back some but it did good overall. Now to tweak it and find that right prop for how I drive it. I am not interested in top end. I want a good happy medium of hole shot and speed with a prop that handles well.

Get a txp ot4 27p. Great handling & top end.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

3. Member
    10-4, I will see if I can get my hands on one.

4. Member
    Following

5. Member
    That thing will be insane. I would think at least 3" pitch increase to drop 600+ RPM. Many others have stated the four blades may not get the extreme top end, but stability and hole shot are worth it. That thing should easily do 75MPH with the right prop and WOT.

6. Member
    So, this past Friday, I went run it with the original PowerTech 27p prop. Control wasnt the best but it still did ok. 6,000 rpm's at 72.6 mph. Still had a little bit to go but backed off because I had the kids with me. Once I get a good prop, it should do it justice. Oh, and rev limiter is set to 6200 rpms.

7. Member
    Get one of Marks 24xl4 and have him work a bit of pitch in it. Should be a low to mid 70 prop and a rocket out of the hole with excellent handling. CJ

Oh and also t-bob has forgot more than most of us will know about that combo! CJ
    Last edited by CJ1; 12-21-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

8. Member
    Waiting on a guy to see about buying/trading my Turbo prop in order to try a different one. I will update when I can make a swap.

9. Member
    What would be a good asking price for my Turbo FXP 25p? Bought new in Sept. of 2020 and based on my hour meter on the motor, put around 10 hours on it. No dings or scratches.

10. Member
    Where are you at on your atlas jack plate…. Having trouble finding the sweet spot on mine ( and I know all boats are different) just looking for some other starting points! Thanks
    Kyle
    X21 DC 2022 250sho (not the new one)
    dual 10’ raptors
    8”atlas jack plate
    Ultrex 80lbs
    Precision sonar dual console helix 9”
    Precision sonar dual stack bow helix 12”
    mega 360
    6” trailer frame

11. Member
    Did ya modify the weld on the bottom ?

12. Member
    I still have to figure my jackplate out as well. Still not settled yet on number yet.

I did not modify any welds yet. That is a last resort for me.

Still waiting on a prop. Tried a few and decided to order a tempest. Waiting for one to come in.

13. Member
    What year model X21? Just Curious
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
    What year model X21? Just Curious

15. Member
    So, I was going to put a tempest prop on my outboard (based on experience with my previous xpress) but they keep pushing back the date to get me one. Now they say not until May. Going look to try other options. I know people who have a SHO prop and I will probably end up with one of those but I want to try a few before I make a decision.

16. Member
    We’ll I’m excited to take my boat out now… $2k in props and I found the problem (I hope) to why my boat is so slow, my hot foot wasn’t set right, been running at 3/4 throttle for the last 50hrs… was wondering why the rings haven’t seated yet… hopefully I can get this thing up to RPM finally and see what this prop can do!! Will up date in a couple weeks!!
    X21 DC 2022 250sho (not the new one)
    dual 10’ raptors
    8”atlas jack plate
    Ultrex 80lbs
    Precision sonar dual console helix 9”
    Precision sonar dual stack bow helix 12”
    mega 360
    6” trailer frame

17. Member
    Well, got one prop in. The tempest 27p. Put in on and ready to go run it. Wife hurt her back and is going do an MRI soon. So I havent had a chance to go run it yet. Once all that settles, I will look into that TXP OT4 prop for my second option to play with. KWx21, glad you found out the problem! Hopefully that did the trick for you!

18. Member
    Good Luck on trying to find ANY Yamaha prop. Including TXPs and FXPs. I just went through this with my X19. All of those props have been back ordered since last October! I ended up being able to find a Bravo to fit my boat. I will be following this thread to see if those props become available. I really want a 25 FXP or a TXP OT4

19. Member
    For sure, I am just borrowing props to try out for now until I find a second one I like. I have a good one so I am in no hurry. I guess it is a good time to sell the VMX 25p powertech that came with my boat.
    Last edited by jgleu; 06-23-2022 at 04:23 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgleu View Post
    For sure, I am just borrowing props to try out for now until I find a second one I like. I have a good one so I am in no hurry. I guess it is a good time to sell the VMX 25p powertech that came with my boat.
    I hope you can find someone that will buy that PT! I know that the only thing I have used them for is emergency use only! Xpress hulls do not like them very much...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast