‘21 Zillion SV G vs Elite P/F. Is it worth it?????

Just ordered a 21 AGS 7’2” H power pitch rod from tackle trap, now deciding what to pair it with..
    I have had an tatula elite p/f 8.1 for about 6 months now and it has been an excellent reel for pitching tx rigs and 3/8-1/2jigs. Gary from the trap said it would also pair very well with the new steez power pitch, but naturally I’m suddenly itching to try the new ‘21 zillion. Has anyone had time now that it’s been out for awhile to compare the 2 reels or use the new zillion as a dedicated pitching reel? 3/8-3/4oz tx rigs and 3/8-1/2oz jigs would be about all it would see. (Maybe a 1oz if Rayburn ever comes back up 8’ high again).

2. Member
    I have both of these reels and I would suggest for pitching activities to stay with the P/F.

The Zillion's SV Boost spool is more designed for distance than smooth pitching (of lighter lures like a 3/8oz) in my opinion. And while it is definitely possible, I think the P/F has an advantage here.

3. Member
    21 zillion is more than capable of pitching 1/4 lures and easily. Its an awesome all around reel and would choose it over the p/f everytime.

4. Member
    Zillion all day

5. Member
    Zillion just because the platform is lightyears ahead of the tatula in smoothness and refinement. Also with the 34mm spool you have endless spool options to find the perfect pitching spool or spools to pair with different line and baits.

I won't argue that the new Zillion G is an impressive reel. If you choose to spend the additional coin to get it, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with its performance. I enjoy and am a regular user of both reels. Tatula Elite Pitch Flip is an ideal reel for the duties you listed in those weight ranges, and the 21 Steez AGS is an excellent pairing option. The oversized 100mm handle and large knobs are very comfortable. The spool is tuned for low trajectory pitching and shorter, pinpoint casts.

7. Member
    I got rid of the zillion because I didn't feel like the drag was strong enough for heavy cover pitching. I was trying to use it for 3/4 oz t-rigs in heavy pads.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I won't argue that the new Zillion G is an impressive reel. If you choose to spend the additional coin to get it, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with its performance. I enjoy and am a regular user of both reels. Tatula Elite Pitch Flip is an ideal reel for the duties you listed in those weight ranges, and the 21 Steez AGS is an excellent pairing option. The oversized 100mm handle and large knobs are very comfortable. The spool is tuned for low trajectory pitching and shorter, pinpoint casts.
    You've been more than helpful man, I appreciate the time and info you’ve given me. I used the elite P/F yesterday and really don’t see myself benefiting from the new zillion for this particular setup. I will likely end up with the zillion g further down the road, but I think the elite p/f will do what I need it to just fine for the application, as you mentioned the 100mm handle and round knobs (that I actually thought I would not like) are perfect for setting the hook and getting a fish headed towards me ASAP, I would be spending more for the zillion and would still want to change out the handle and knobs for the p/f style.