Can you raise/lower T/M height with Mega 360?

I'm a shallow water guy and constantly raise/lower the height of my Minn Kota in the weeds… the ease of doing so was actually a big factor in why I switched from MotorGuide years ago. So, thinking ahead to my next boat purchase I'm thinking about adding either a Mega 360 or Livesope w perspective mount. I'm a HB / MK fan for what it's worth

One of my team partners has 360 on his Ultrex mounted to the shaft and cannot easily raise the height of his TM which is a no go for me. Is there a 360 mount for either Ultrex or Ghost that allows quick and easy height adjustments on the water? Would clamping the 360 to the TM shaft in the raised position allow me to lower it down and raise it back up again easily or does that create another issue?

I'm assuming the TM can still be easily raised with the Livescope perspective mount but have no experience with one so please correct me if this is wrong. That alone has me leaning towards Livescope

Looking for any input in this area, thanks

2. Member
    360 does not mount to shaft on ultrex. It mounts to the steering motor housing. You can adjust the height to where the prop is just below the 360 pod. I have the pod mounted so it is just below the surface of the water and can get my TM high enough that it just scrapes bottom when the hull hits bottom....
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Member
    Wish i would have thought about this before hand. Mine was mounted by the dealer as low as it could go and when i moved the head up for shallow water , blade hit the head. You know the rest of the story.
    Brand spankin new and never got it to work all season. Back at Hummingbird to see if it can be repaired.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBBasser View Post
    Wish i would have thought about this before hand. Mine was mounted by the dealer as low as it could go and when i moved the head up for shallow water , blade hit the head. You know the rest of the story.
    Brand spankin new and never got it to work all season. Back at Hummingbird to see if it can be repaired.
    Then the dealer failed to install the depth collar on the TM shaft that prevents it from going that high
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    Ok thanks

is there any downside to have the 360 pod mounted that high?

Quote Originally Posted by BDBR View Post
    Ok thanks

is there any downside to have the 360 pod mounted that high?
    It has to be submerged enough so the wet switch gets wet and stays that way. Instructions state 6" submerged and no closer to the trolling motor prop than 1". Between those two can vary with the trolling motor shaft length and hull freeboard.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I fish pretty shallow all year on the Ohio river 4 fow or less. I cut the shaft down on my 360 so I could raise my trolly a bunch. The wee switch is only 2 inches under the water and haven’t had a problem
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

8. Member
    Thanks for the info guys

9. Member
    If I were planning on fishing really thick weeds, I’d take the 360 off. They do make a quick disconnect attachment for that purpose. I’d probably do the same if I thought I’d stay in heavy stumps all day. An easier way to raise your trolling motor is to just wedge a plastic drink bottle under your bracket (if you’re just wanting to go ultra shallow).

10. Member
    Drink bottle will work. I use a short length of 4x4, or a 2x4 in the channel below the arm when you want to go shallow. I got this idea from Brian New. It works great. He runs 360 and Livescope on his trolling motor shaft. I also fish shallow a lot and in heavy vegetation, have 360 and soon will have Mega Live. I also use a weed cutter on the motor, which also helps for the vegetation. You can also adjust the depth height stop for the 360 to get it as high as possible and still keep the 360 in the water, so when you do go shallow and raise the motor you are as shallow as you can go without hitting the 360 pod.

238137182_499911691154344_5306906780525416535_n.jpg 238494601_499911697821010_5404262456422532666_n.jpg