Found a bike I like

I've had my eye on a bike upgrade for awhile. I've always been a kawasaki guy since dirt bikes in the 70s. Did a lot of research, watched a lot of youtube, read a bunch of blogs. Got it narrowed down to one bike. Did some digging on the kawasaki site and found one available an hour away. Now I gotta pull the trigger!
    2021 Z900 in pearl blizzard white. 8995$ + freight and prep. I still got the 92 zx 11, it currently being stored/ repaired for the winter. Few minor things gotta be tweaked out. Probably gonna keep that as well.
    It's 100#s lighter, fuel injected, got the 4 cyl engine I've loved since 84. Plenty of hp, but seems quite fun to ride on slow days too. My only question is will I be comfortable seated, I have zero time off to look at it. If I ever get a day off I plan on getting down there to see it.
    Thoughts?? Opinions?? Thanks.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

2. Member
    Go for it!!

Well it looks like most new bikes today cross between a crouch rocket and cruiser. Pegs are more rear set than cruiser.

I'd lean more toward this myself.
    https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/motor...LIST-_-VEHICLE

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    RS is pretty nice. Actually sat on one and wasn't quite my style. Couple of great YouTube videos of a RS raced at pikes peak. 2nd place I think. The retro bike deal is kinda lost on me. Can't see paying an extra 2700$ for a 70's look. I'll take the function of the Z900 over the form of the RS. I think with a aftermarket windshield and saddle bags the RS would make a good little touring bike. I've seen a Few and the fit and finish is really good. I've also seen quite a few for sale used for absurd prices so my guess the retro thing kinda wears out.
    The big problem for me is getting time off to get to the dealer. Sunday's everything closed. I'm guessing this leftover bike is sitting behind snowmobiles and 4 wheelers for the next few months so it's not going anywhere. I got till tax returns to figure this out. If not my 30 year old zx1100 still just fine.

I understand but the position these newer bikes put me in is just puts too much pressure on my wrists to be comfortable for much of anything over a hour. You maybe use to it now. My last bikes in the past 20 years that I but a lot of miles on have been the 87 Venture and 04 Wing. I'd done a lot of work on both to improve handling but the Wing was like it was on a rail but still miss the Venture.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

6. Member
    Yes sir, I am a bit addicted to the sport riding position since my 84 900 ninja.

7. Member
    Went yesterday. Bike was nice, sales guy was not. I left. Gotta figure out how to get around him. Started to really run up the bill with the warranty and stuff I wasn't interested in. I gotta read up on those options. PUSHY!! Came home and drank beer, cooked for 4 hours, and listened to Dean martin. Put a game plan together. I will keep you updated.

8. Member
    I would find another dealership. If the sales people don't treat you good, then they can keep it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub_176 View Post
    I would find another dealership. If the sales people don't treat you good, then they can keep it.

10. Member
    Great idea but this bike is a leftover new 2021. No others available for hundreds of miles.

11. Member
    Call and set up an appointment with the sales manager or someone in management! Bypass that aggressive salesman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Great idea but this bike is a leftover new 2021. No others available for hundreds of miles.

12. Member
    I'm already got things going in motion. Got the money ready to go. Got a trailer to bring it home. Arranged storage for the winter. I'm pretty much gonna go buy it and never speak to them again. I'm still a bit on the fence. Doesn't help its Christmas season at usps and I barely got time to think. Not even sure when my next day off is. I'm not gonna rush. If it gets sold then oh well. I'll keep everyone posted.

13. Member
    Speak to the dealership owner. Refuse to do business with anyone else !!!!!