Can I wire apielle latch switch direct to 360 or add relay?

Hi. Per suggestions I’ve read I ordered an waterproof apielle on/off switch for my mega 360. Can I wire it directly to the 360 or do I need to add some sort of a relay. In my mind i feel like I can go direct without issues but want to confirm with those in the know so I do t burn anything up. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    Hi. Per suggestions I’ve read I ordered an waterproof apielle on/off switch for my mega 360. Can I wire it directly to the 360 or do I need to add some sort of a relay. In my mind i feel like I can go direct without issues but want to confirm with those in the know so I do t burn anything up. Thank you for your help.
    Looks like it is rated for 5 amps so it certainly can handle the load.
    I am using the similar Oznium switch for that purpose. I have the blue one for MEGA 360, green one for the Minnkota Heading Sensor, and Amber for the MEGA LIVE.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I use separate Apiele switches for my Mega 360 and Mega Live. I'm not really sure what you mean by adding a relay but you do still need a fuse. In my case, I have a dedicated fuse block for my fishing electronics which is connected to the battery via 10 gauge +/- wires. I have the Apiele switch between the fuse block and the Mega 360.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Thanks fellas. I’ll add an inline fuse and call it good. Hope winter comes and goes in a timely manner! Can’t wait to try my new 360. Not something I really needed as I’m pretty effective with side imaging but I bet I put a few more fish in the boat next year. :) I’ll have fun trying if nothing else.

5. Member
    Also wanted to confirm that I basically want to shit the mega 360 off whenever it’s not in the water.? As in when I’m moving from spot to spot.

6. Member
    M360 has a wet switch that will turn off pinging when not in the water...so no need to power it down when moving between spots.

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Only need to power it down when not being used for a while. The unit uses a small amount of power "watching" for the wet switch to be activated when out of the water. Shutting off the power will prevent battery drain over time.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Banned
    it can be installed befor or after the fuse..just a FYI