Thumbs Up Lake Champlain is a special place

After years of putting it off (it's a long drive, 180 miles one way to launch mid-lake), I made my first trip to Lake Champlain last year, and ever since then, I've had "land on or near Champlain" at the top of my vision board (always nice to have clear goals to work towards!). That lake is something else. I wish I had started fishing it sooner, but I could only do day trips for the longest time, and I was worried about doing a long drive like that. This year, I've been back 5 times already, and the most recent trip was incredible. Over 70 bass in the boat, had 18+ lbs on our best 5 smallies alone, hit 20 lbs on our best 5 largemouth alone, and just hit 21 lbs on our best 5 combined bag. Haven't made a ton of videos this year, but really happy with this one and the day that we had.

2. Member
    Nice video! Yes it is a special place! Drove from Kansas twice and it is heaven!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Seriously? 180 miles is a long drive? That seems reasonable for a weekend at an exceptional fishery.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GClark519 View Post
    Nice video! Yes it is a special place! Drove from Kansas twice and it is heaven!
    Thanks bud. That's a heck of a drive, but as you've experienced, definitely worth it. Still didn't get up there as much as I wanted to this year, but I got in 6 trips (so far ). Lost out on 3 planned trips when the wind forecast decided to drastically change to dangerous speeds & direction. That's how she goes some days...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Seriously? 180 miles is a long drive? That seems reasonable for a weekend at an exceptional fishery.
    It's not all highway for me so it's at least a 3 hour drive one way in the morning to the nearest ramp, but the ramp I really like to use is 3 hrs 20 min no stops. Drive home adds another 30-40 minutes, depends on how "lucky" I get with all of our lovely single lane back-road "highways". Add in a stop or two and it's a 4+ hour ride home, makes for a loooooong day.

6. Member
    Just went up in October-mid lake -wind was brutal -still caught fish though but left early because of 30 plus mph winds….place is truly beautiful!