Rod Locker Locks

Fished this weekend with buddy who has a new 20 foot Caymas bought from dealer lot this summer....noticed that only one storage box between seats had locking handle hardware....all other rod & storage lockers didn't lock.....

Does Caymas offer locks as an option instead of standard equipment?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by showmespec View Post
    Fished this weekend with buddy who has a new 20 foot Caymas bought from dealer lot this summer....noticed that only one storage box between seats had locking handle hardware....all other rod & storage lockers didn't lock.....

Seems like they have a different locking system, it is not a normal looking key, maybe I am dreaming, cannot imagine it being an option.

3. Member
    Have your buddy get a hold of Caymas. If your dealer is not backlogged or too far away. Tell them all his rod lockers and storage compartments are missing locking handles. When I picked up my cx-20 pro it also was missing the locking type handles. Caymas sent me the right ones.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by showmespec View Post

It’s stamdard and has a star looking head in the middle of the latch, tool to lock doesn’t look like a key.

5. Member
    Every compartment latch has a lock except the live wells.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Every compartment latch has a lock except the live wells.
    standard!!

Thanks everyone...told him and he is contacting his dealer

8. Member
    The slam latches seem to be the popular thing, in the future. Might be nice to have all compartments with these. Lot of guys I know that have them, wouldnt never go back.

9. Member
    Slam latches, we had all kinds of problems with those latches, always breaking one or needs adjustment, the compression latches are by far the best of course they are the most expensive also.

10. Member
    Buddies of mine been running then on their Phoenix boats. They just ordered 2022 921 Elite boats with all compartment slam Latches. The two in my caymas work really well. I have no real experience with them other than the guys running Phoenix. Ill keep my eye on them. Just a cool concept.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Buddies of mine been running then on their Phoenix boats. They just ordered 2022 921 Elite boats with all compartment slam Latches. The two in my caymas work really well. I have no real experience with them other than the guys running Phoenix. Ill keep my eye on them. Just a cool concept.
    I do have experience with them, 20 years selling boats, rigging boats and doing warranty work, i would not have them in my boat but that just my opinion!

12. Member
    What brand latches does Caymas use?

13. Member
    When I first got my caymas I thought it didn’t have locking latches. Then I realized that the key that looks like a little tube with teeth in it is actually the key that locks the latches. I don’t like the slam latch on the box between the seats, cause it’s the only lock that
    doesn’t work. Seeing how the slam lock works, it looks like it could very easily pried open at the handle.

its definitely easy to miss, Dosnt look like a lock switch. As said above a little barrel key loss them. Seems to work well. My dealer for got to include key when I bought my boat.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812