Thread: Bow lift

Bow lift

Having a issue with the bow raising high at slow speeds. I leveled the boat and from the pad to the floor is 14 inches, from center of prop shaft is 13 inches. Should I raise the motor on the jack plate to help with the bow raising? Also I have the motor trimmed in far as it will go
    Attached Images Attached Images

You should take this to the prop sub forum. But I would say you will want the motor lower not higher. Also what are you calling slow speeds? At what scenario?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Sounds like your about 1" below pad. That is getting up there with the high performance hulls as far as prop to pad measurement. More than likely you should be around 2" to 4" below pad. What is the weight of your boat? How much horsepower and do you have a low water pick up?

4. Member
    What hole is the motor bolted to the boat with top or 2nd. down should be as high as it can run. Level the boat bottom of the hull and then level the cav plate on the motor then figure out what the difference is which will give you a prop to pad measurement. If the paving your setting on is level just measure down to it. That looks like a Tri hull boat so it will not run up where a pad hull will. If it doesn't have a jack plate try setting it at 4.25" under the bottom of the hull and forget the floor measurement stuff. I,m assuming it doesn,t have a jack plate.