PSA: it’s a holiday weekend; be safe.

Labor Day is a cause for celebration, so I hope all our forum friends enjoy the weekend. Fall is in the air here in the [semi] north country, and that’s another big reason for celebration. The bite picks up at approximately the same rate that a lot of the boats disappear from the water in the fall, a perfect correlation. Back to school, weekend football/track/soccer/you name it.
    Get out and get with it this fall—after this last crazy weekend—because for most of us, winter is coming.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. Member
    Yep, try to avoid Ohio lakes on holiday weekends for the most part. I took vacation next week to get out Tuesday through Friday.
    Former Owner of a 2007 Ranger 180 VS 150 2 Stroke Vmax

I thought about going out on Monday morning for a super early trip for a few hours before all the tards get out on the water since the mornings here have been very cool, but not sure i want to deal with the tards!!
    Be careful and safe to all

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    A friend advised me a few years ago that Monday morning of a 3-day weekend was pretty safe from crowds etc. I went to the lake with him one Labor Day Monday, and he was right. Only the best-conditioned partiers can get out and about before noon on the 3rd [or 4th] day of a party weekend. If you’re off the water before 1 p.m., you’ll be fine.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio