Ranger cracked lids

I am new to BBC, so y’all please let me know if I’m doing this right. I have been pouring over the Ranger posts trying to find a solution to cracked lids. I just bought a 482vs to restore. I’m replacing the carpet myself and just now stumbled upon something that may be of interest to cracked lid Ranger owners. After stripping the old carpet, I cleaned the inside of the lid really well with alcohol and sprayed it with white Flex Seal. Filled the spider cracks and is just mildly textured. My lids are not soft, just stress cracks. This should also be a good moisture barrier. No time test yet!

2. Member
    Look up Ranger Mike on Facebook. He will Make you new aluminum lids!!
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

3. Member
    I have the 487 vs and had 2 lids that had cracks, then became soft and finally cracked through, called Ranger looking for replacement lids there reply was "we don't make replacement lids for 400 series boats nor do we have plans to..... so I had aluminum replacement lids made. worked great and they weigh close to the same

4. Member
    There are like 100s of ranger mikes , can you be more specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billwwar View Post
    Look up Ranger Mike on Facebook. He will Make you new aluminum lids!!

5. Member
    If you will get on the 400 series owners page on Facebook you can find Ranger Mike on that page. He makes lids all the time for folks. Plus it will do you good to be on the 400 series page, you can get lots of ideas and info from folks that are owners on there as well. Lots of 482 owners on the page.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...content_filter

Here is a link to his Facebook page.