Ghost Trolling Motor Creaking/Squeaking- any remedies?

Noticed Ghost trolling motor is starting to really creak and squeak when turning. Tighten all bolts, nuts etc. Any good ideas to help eliminate noise. Starting to sound like my old Minn Kota.
    Thanks in advance

2. Member
    I sprayed everything heavily with wd40 2x - especially bushings that connect the frames together. Mine was very bad. Lowrance had me send them a video. Wanted me to drive 2.5hrs to my closest repair center and drop off. Now its almost silent. Do a search no this thread. Others put material where the frames rub.

Posted on BBC and the folks here fixed it instead.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uwbadger View Post
    I sprayed everything heavily with wd40 2x - especially bushings that connect the frames together. Mine was very bad. Lowrance had me send them a video. Wanted me to drive 2.5hrs to my closest repair center and drop off. Now its almost silent. Do a search no this thread. Others put material where the frames rub.

Posted on BBC and the folks here fixed it instead.
    Is it because of the wd40?

5332A296-702E-4639-8904-41DE7AC4EDA4.jpeg F4121AB5-2EE1-4E88-80A5-A54B5018BFC6.jpeg
    Hopefully you can see it in the pics. I put mole skin on my ghost so the metal frame doesn't squeak against the plastic. Quiet as a mouse now. Try it you'll like it
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

5. Member
    3 in 1 oil works wonders.

6. Member
    Any update ? My ghost is super noisy when turning.

7. Member
    What you did helped with the motor squeaking from it turning left and right? I don’t see how doing that would help with the motor making noise from it turning left and right ?

8. Member
    So you spraying it with wd40 helped it ? Was yours making noise from you turning the trolling motor left and right with the foot pedal ?